Mac Intake Info

90SUPRCAT

NEED PART#/PRICE/ TIME IT TOOK TO RECEIVE PART ONCE ORDERED/EASE OF INSTALLATION/PLACE ORDERED FROM .......
ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I AM TORN BETWEEN MAC AND ZR INTAKES... I HAVE HEARD SOMETIMES ZR HAS A LONG DELIVERY TIME ? ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE GREAT.

I ordered and installed a MAC this summer. It is part number 3604 for the TBirds.

I paid about $180 and it arrived in less than 10 days. I believe I called the MAC people on the phone (in Temecula, CA) to order the part and got the phone number from their web site. It was very easy to order and came quickly.

The installation was not bad at all excpet for 3 minor points:

-- no installation instructions at all and they give you extra parts you don't need.

-- not enough large hose clamps, 2 were missing. I grabbed one of the old MAF to air box connection and I had one other laying around in my garage.

-- I had trouble getting the 9" cone filter to stay on the slippery chrome pipe in the fender.

Even with these minor irritations I'm happy with the product and the results.

Jon

The Zr is in stock and will be promptly shipped if ordered. I can take your order if you want via Paypal, certified check, money order or Visa/Mastercard.

Drop me an email if interested.

go to www.nthcoast.com
we have the SC MAC CAI in stock and ready to ship, price is 179.95 plus shipping. Same day shipping on all orders before 3:30PM est. Seeing that you are in Indiana it will take you about 3 days to get

I put one on my SC and it cam with instructions and all necessary parts to install. It took maybe 30mins to install.

Todd

Id go ZR.

I purchaced a ZR last week (Wed to be exact), it shipped ground UPS from CA to PA in 5 days (arrived here yesterday). I put it on in 50 mins, I am anal, and careful not to do anything without thinking it through. It seems like a 30- 60 min job. I love it, blower whine is there and I have already noticed it doesn't take the same throttle pressure as before to climb a hill ( took my 5 psi to climb a huge hill here, now it take 3psi). It allows it to get up faster, and not slug a little. Gave this 144k mi engine a fatter straw to suck through. I already did exhaust so on with my mods!

intakeright.JPG

More Intake Pictures

Folks,

I have no negative impression whatsoever about the ZR intake. It looks fine to me. It was a toss-up between the ZR and the MAC and I happened to come down on the side of the MAC. They appear to be about equally worthy and both very good.

Jon

Back