Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings and Toe Compensator Link

darkstar_one

Hey,

I removed my rear lower control arm to replace the bushings. How do you go about removing them? Do you press them out? How do you press em out? Do you require a special tool? Or should i just take em to the local machine shop to press them out?

Also, the toe compensator link bushings to the frame are worn out. It has too much play. I will be buying the AUTOZONE DURALAST replacement bushings for the lower control arm to frame bushings. As for the toe compensator link i guess i will just have to go with the MOOG one from ROCKAUTO.com since i dont believe autozone has them.

does the same apply to the rear lower control arm to frame bushings? both front and rear, rear lower control arm bushings? thanks

You can use a 2 jaw puller for all the bushings in the back, knuckle, upper control arm to frame, and lower control arm to frame. I was just out in the garage last night pulling them out of my rear lower control arms. I'll take some photos tonight and post them.

okay quick question... are u supposed to just push the bushing out? or are u supposed to remove the metal sleeve also? if so i better take em to the machine.... anyoen?

Sleeve is part of the bushing assembly. You should get the sleeve out, and push the bushing into it. Then press that assembly into posititon.

Back