Slow Sunroof

Super Cougar

hey my Sunroof is goin very slow now when i open it but the motor is still working fine and it will tip up no problem but when i open it all the way it will go slow and when closing sometimes it will stio right before and closes and i have to help it shut by hand.....also my windows can now be put up or down by hand..i had to help them for awhile now up and down but i just noticed i can do it without the motor or the car even being on has anyone had this problem ? and if so got any clues? much appreciated

I've suffered the same sunroof dilema. Mine slowed down and wouldn't close all the way, leaving me to help it close by hand. On inspection, I noticed that the track (I'm assuming it's the track) on the passenger side had cracked right by a screw whole. I just tightend down the screws around the crack, and it fixed my problem... sorta. It's still slower than it used to be, but at least it works!

...and the moral of the story: Never let your buddy stand with his torso hanging out of your sunroof! He fell over and caused the track to crack!

I had the same problem....lightweight grease on the tracks solved things.Hope it helps.
z

excellent

I am having the same problem but as soon as I get home i'll try the grease.also my sunroof does a lot of rattling when it's closed.any ideas??

The rails need to be greased every now and then. I had the same problem. I used white lithium grease. Use a long thin straw to get grease on the hard to reach spots. Push some into the straw and then blow it out in the proper spot back on the rails.

You can purchase white lithium grease in a aresol can like WD-40. That works best for me.

For rattles, make sure all the screws are snug. There is a metal piece that is supposed to be loose that sometimes will rattle. Mine just started doing it this year. I'm going to see if I can't just use some adhesive with rubber from an old inner tube to make patches for the metal to bang on rather than the roof of the car.

change your window regulators the arms that hold the windows are more than likely broke loose of the glass, pop your door panels off and double check also if the tabs on the glass have come off you can silicon or caulk them back on just let them sit for 24 hrs

Back