Factory blower/tubes powder coating source?

sizemoremk

Anyone know where you can get a good match for the factory grey powder coating???

I do mean powder, not paint.

I wanna redo some stuff...

I'm gonna be doing some stuff in black tomorrow, if it turns out good I'll be doing some more...

Last edited:
do an Internet search on powdercoating and your state , I found three in nw Ga that specialize in automotive Powder coating, One right down teh street from my office.
I checked the facility and they will be coating my wheels very soon
www.procryo.com

sizemoremk said:
Have you used this particular color?
Stamped Steel from Eastwood matches the factory coating (its probably the same exact color, just a shade off cause it is new) damn close. Yes, I have used a few hundred pounds of it.

Paul

BT Motorsports said:
Stamped Steel from Eastwood matches the factory coating (its probably the same exact color, just a shade off cause it is new) damn close. Yes, I have used a few hundred pounds of it.

Paul

Great! thanks!!!

442guy said:
had some exhaust manifolds done in this color very close.

How did the ex. manifolds hold up???

What is your preferred method of removing the factory powdercoat?

I am told bead blasting won't get it done..

How about "aircraft remover" its workwed OK on other things for me...

sizemoremk said:
What is your preferred method of removing the factory powdercoat?

I am told bead blasting won't get it done..

How about "aircraft remover" its workwed OK on other things for me...
Blasting with the correct abrasive media works perfect, its quick, effective, especially in small areas otherwise hard to reach and inexpensive. For fragile items like valve covers, aircraft stripper also works awesome, be sure to handle it carefully and wrap the items you are stripping (the fumes are what aid in lifting the powdercoat.

Paul

sizemoremk said:
Great! thanks!!!

How did the ex. manifolds hold up???
when I sold the car they still looked good 18 months after coating, you could really only see them from underneath.
I'd try to do my wheels but I don't have a big enough oven.

BT Motorsports said:

Paul

Hey guy, can you verify the part number of that color or something, I ordred it, tried it, and it is nowhere close to the color:(

Where the stock stuff has kinda darker, kinda blue-ish; this is more of a light grey...

I wonder if they sent me the wrong color???

Here is what I ordred.

SKU 10099
NAME Hotcoat Powder Stamped St
PRICE $12.99

Sorry, just saw this thread, never got the email update or I would have replied sooner.
I don't have any records that I could compare the part # to. Can you post a pic of your results? I have never had an issue with the color being far off like you are describing.

Paul

Spill brake fluid on the i/c tubes, or brush it on them. Give it a day and the coating will come right off the tubes.

Back