windows dont go up or down

MN12nationals

Background on this issue:

Car has been in an 30 mph accident where the car hit a median from the pass side rear and hopped over the median into the turning lane on the oppisite side of the road. Broke rim and rear knuckle among other suspension related parts in the rear.

Problem is now the windows do not go up or down. Motor works but does not move them, almost like it binds as I can assit the windows up or down by pulling or pushing them either way.

Insurance company says its not related to the accident as they see no way an accident dealing with suspension can cause the windows to not work. I think that something in there got tweaked by the accident as they used to work flawlesssly but of course insurance doesn't want to take my word for it.

Any ideas on what to check for this?

My windows came off the track so the metal bar that slides it up and down was still working but the window stayed in place, your going to need to take the door panel off and take a look no matter what, more than likely once you do that you'll see what needs to be done.

I was going to do that this weekend, but thanks for the idea as it seems like something like that happened, just trying to get some ideas before the weekend.

OK so the windows are still in the tracks. What is happening is it seems like it is binding to the point that it makes the motor struggle, almost like when you get it completely closed in normal operation. If I assist it yup it will go up or down part ways till it hits another bad spot. Both windows are like this and I'm really trying to find away for State Farm to pay for this as these worked perfectly before the accident, but they can't "relate" it to suspension dammage! :mad:

Common problem for all Ford window motors. Inside the window motor there are 3 pieces of plastic that deteriorate over time and fall apart. The motor still works, but the windows will not move. The plastic pieces will need to be replaced or the motors, whichever you feel better replacing. Spinning Wheels among others sell the kits, I think even auto part stores sell them. I don't think the accident is the main cause of the problem, but it may have helped. Stranger things have happened.

Back