Not to second guess myself....

XxSlowpokexX

But is it even worth swapping out the stock 94/95 blower for a S port? Things sitting on shelves aggravate me however!

Thanks

Damon

S-Port is better than a stock 94-95 blower, but if you port the stock blower the most you can then it's better than the S-Port. They'll be the same if you port both of them also.

The thing is I have a low mile S port, a low mile 94/95 then my wildly modified 94/95.

The stock 94/95 is comming off to be ported for my v8 bird and I figured I'd replace it with the S port. I figured it to be a waste to report an already factory ported blower. If the S port isnt all that much bette rI wont bother. I just have no experience with it other then on my v8 which makes no power:O)

Late model blowers aren't ported from the factory, they just have a different port shape and location than the early models. The S-Port is short for "standard port" which is just a mildly ported late model blower.

The "S-Model" blowers are actually brand new blowers from Magnusen that have an S-Port configuration, in which, needs to be ported to match that of a MPI blower.

The S-Port will do fine. I'll predict that headers, exhaust, MAF, TB, injectors, and a tune will get you 13.50's easily. I was listing the mods you mentioned in your other post. With the intercooler you could see a 13.10-13.30. I would say go all out for 12's with a stock internal motor.

CMac89 said:
Late model blowers aren't ported from the factory, they just have a different port shape and location than the early models. The S-Port is short for "standard port" which is just a mildly ported late model blower.

The "S-Model" blowers are actually brand new blowers from Magnusen that have an S-Port configuration, in which, needs to be ported to match that of a MPI blower.

I have a Magnum Powers S-Port here as well as a Magnusen S-Model. Not to confuse the two, the MP unit has a slight enlargement of the inlet but very similar porting, and the outlet of the MP unit is opened up more like the MPII porting most are familiar with whereas the S-Model is more conservative. Honestly, either one is a significant improvement over stock and IMO either would be ideally suited for use on a stock motor with no OD (3.15" pulley). I have yet to see an S-Model actually make more power on a stock motor with OD than it does without. I will also wager that an S-Port or S-Model blower on an internally stock SC will outperform any other M90 configuration, and I'll put money on that one. It's not all about just airflow, it's matching the output of the blower to needs of the motor.

BTW, my car ran 14.43 @ 101mph with 2.73's and hard street tires with ONLY an S-Model, resonator delete and UD pulleys. It didn't even have a tune.

Josh I cant sell either because they are basically getting swapped from one car to another. I'm putting the magnuson S port on SC and the 94/95 blower will be extremely modified for my v8. The DIII I have is a backup if I never get my AR back:O)

Back