Odometer Gears...Who Sells Them??

95SC_Money_Pit

I know Rich used to sell them and Kornhaus used to sell them....But I can't find anybody selling them now! Can somebody leads me to a source?

A guy named mike at a place called Ice Cold Auto Air on Colonial Drive in Orlando Florida makes them and sells them...you need to know which gear you need there are 2 that go bad...You will have to call information for Orlando to get the number they are listed...the area code is 407..and he will mail it to you...

Rick R

Just called "Ice Cold" and they have nobody working there by the name of "Mike". I asked about odometer gears and they say that they don't sell those parts.

So..I guess I'm still on the hunt for replacment gears. Please Help......

Here ya' go...

http://www.odometergears.com/

I bought mine from these guys a couple of weeks ago. You need the "20-tooth gear". Its a tiny little gear for $25.00, but it fixed the problem. After a year-and-a-half, I can finally track my fuel mileage.

I went to a local yard (Ecology here in CA), pulled a speedo out of a similar year t-turd, dissected the assembly, pulled the entire gearset and motor (just in case), showed the cashier, walked out only paying for my entrance fee of $2.00.

By dissecting the donor car's speedo I was able to take some mental notes & repeated the process on the speedo in my car. Just be sure to grab the speedo needle off of the donor car in case you happen to mung up yours. I used two flatblade screwdrivers to remove the needle, some recommend using a fork. I set it back to whithin its own width at zero, but I think it reads off by 1 or 2 mph (as per my Garmin 295).

Took about 1/2 hr to swap the gear & is a no-brainer save for getting the black fascia off from around the steering column. OD works fine...

You may have a hit and miss situation with the gear (some are cracked or broken), but I was sure to inspect the replacement gear to be sure that is was not discolored (which is a sign of stress in ABS). This gear (and the assy) is very common among t-bird and lincoln speedos, so you will have no shortage of donor cars. Also be SURE to clean out the gears in the outer drive. You'll see little pieces of your old gear in there. I used a 90 degree scribe, but anything with a sharp point will work.

I would forgo paying $25.00 for a replacement gear. It's like their selling Cessna parts or something. Gimme a break.

M Randolph

Last edited:
It usually is the 20 tooth but sometimes it is the 16 tooth you need to know which one it is...because I wound up having to buy both...;)

Back