1995 Brake system. Hard pedal.

91BLOWNSC

I was wondering if anyone knows what could cause my car to barely stop. I have to force my foot down as hard as I can to get the car to even remotely stop rolling. I understand that the 95 system differs from that of 92 and earlier. And that the 95 is run off vaccum. Anyone have any ideas on how I should approach this problem. And actually come to think about it, it worked great 2 weeks ago before i pulled the SC off. It then sat for 2 weeks, and now it doesn't work.

Thanks, Mark.

make sure you do't have any pinched vacuum lines.when i removed my sc to install a mp plenum i had to reroute and make some new vacuum lines.i cut a couple of them to long and when i put the cowl back on it caused them to pinch shut.back the car up and had no brakes like you said.fixed the lines and it works great.

I have the same problem on my 95 but mine is only after a hard accel. Seems like anytime i get over 17lbs boost as soon as i let off accel, the car starts to idle really rough and get a hard brake peddle. The only way to get my brakes back and normal idle is to let the car sit for about 5 min. I am sure my problem is vac pressure but i cant find it. Any ideas?

This problem happened in my 95 also. What my problem was, was under the hardest boost conditions it would blow the vacuum line off of my booster. It is kind of hard to see if your not looking for it. But anyway, its an easy fix. Get rid of your stock clamp and put a screw type on it and it solves the problem. The stock spring type el cheapo clamps lose their springiness after a few years.

I am fighting the same bug right now with my 95. Hard accelration and today for the first time under normal load. I Have to kill it for 30 sec or so and start it back up and its ok till the gremlin strikes again. I just pulled off my cowl cover and am gonna replace all vacuum lines and use hose clamps on all off them and see what that does. I have never seen a booster with intermittent problems but if line replacement wont work the I will try a booster change.

Im still chasing my leak. I replaced all lines all clampes and still same hard pedal. Guess I have to try the booster once I get my heads back :(

Ok I replaced the vaccum lines and put on hose clamps. Cranked the Car and it stared running like crap at idle with a hard brake peddle. Chassed it down to a metal into rubber line from the top rear of the inlet plenium. It apparently is a flared metal line that snaps into the intake. There is another one on the front of the inlet plenium with a hose that runs like 3 inches to a vaccum tee and then to the brake booster. I pushed it back in and felt a click like it snapped into place. What a horrible design. How are people fixing these metal tube lines when they get loose on the plenium. I can only think they are tapping the hole and screwing in a air chuck like you would use to run an air tool only smaller like a 1/4 pipe thread to a 3/8 hose fitting.

Back