Anyone else have noisy headrests?

nick62087

So ive been having this problem with the headrests on my seats. When i go over bumps, they make noise. It seems as if they are jiggiling front-to-back. I checked it out today, it seems as if the two posts that hold up the headrest are not attached firmly to the inside of the seat. I cant figure out why it does this. My only thought is to take off the seat cover and see what i can see.

Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, was it easily fixed? I often like to go driving with the firm ride on, and just listen to the car, but when i go over bumps, all i hear is the seat.
Any suggestions or imput is greatly appreciated. THanks!
-Nick

My 95 had done the same thing until last week. I replaced the seat covers with new leather and discovered that there were bushings on the headrest post that were broken. Here is the part # that I bought to fix the problem...F2DZ54610A16A @ $6.50 each. You have to remove the upper seat cover to replace them.

how exactly did u remove the seat covers? was it difficult? i assume it cant be that hard to figure out.

Thanks,
Nick

95SC_Money_Pit said:
My 95 had done the same thing until last week. I replaced the seat covers with new leather and discovered that there were bushings on the headrest post that were broken. Here is the part # that I bought to fix the problem...F2DZ54610A16A @ $6.50 each. You have to remove the upper seat cover to replace them.

Do you know if the early models use the same headrest parts?

My seats on my 94 make noise, but i think it is just the backrest bouncing. I am going to try and get new bumpers for the backs of them cuz my father and i replaced them in our 66 goat when they were wore down. Im not sure about the headrest because when i go down the road and the seats start to make noise if i put pressure on them as if somone was sitting in them then it quits!

My passenger head rest on my '90 makes a irritating noise. I raise it one click and the noise goes away. If it is all the way down it comes back.

Back