overheating

SuperCoupe94

Hi, i just bought my SC about 2 weeks ago and after reading around the forum, im starting to think my car is running too hot. On an average day, with the weather at about 60 degrees the cars temperature guage will be just about dead center, from a few minutes after startup until i stop driving, even if its an hour drive. Is this normal? Most posts ive read on this are starting to get me worried. My car doesnt have any major mods to the engine compartment, just a 70mm TB and a cold air intake. I was thinking of buying a MP FMIC also, could that possibly help the situation.

dead center sounds normal, i've owned a few sc's and would be fairly happy if i could keep my temps around there, summer here is extreme and last for most of the year...you cant take too much fromm a dummy gauge anyhow.

SuperCoupe94 said:
Hi, i just bought my SC about 2 weeks ago and after reading around the forum, im starting to think my car is running too hot. On an average day, with the weather at about 60 degrees the cars temperature guage will be just about dead center, from a few minutes after startup until i stop driving, even if its an hour drive. Is this normal? Most posts ive read on this are starting to get me worried. My car doesnt have any major mods to the engine compartment, just a 70mm TB and a cold air intake. I was thinking of buying a MP FMIC also, could that possibly help the situation.

I suppose as long as it is consistent you are probably okay. You might want to hook up a real temp gauge temporarily to verify what temp you are running at. You also might want to check the condition of your coolant. If it is older it won't cool as well.

Also an MP FMIC is not going to do anything to help keep your car cooler. If anything it will make the situation worse since the air going through the radiator first must travel through the IC.

I think its the coolant

the coolant hasnt been changed in a while. Ill see if the situation gets any better after flushing the coolant. I guess constancy is always a good thing though. If it doesnt get better ill have to rethink that FMIC

Think about trying 'water wetter'.
A high flow thermostat.
A Infared heat sensing gun from ebay.
The spring in the lower radiator hose helps.
Check for low speed fan, comes on when A/C is swithed on.
Backwash A/C condenser.
Alchohol injection could be a better bang for the buck than FMIC.

Last edited:
Back