BRC forged pistons/rods/cranks.. interested?

22lbsofboost

im going to work for these guys tomorrow. they make sick setups for nearly everyone. friday in my second interview i asked if he was interested in getting into markets for SC tbirds TC birds (he already makes 2300 slugs) gtp grand prixs etc. 10 sets of pistons gets a great deal. they also offer coatings for the skirts and ceramic coatings for the tops that may well help us a lot with our specific detonation troubles. http://brcpistons.com/

im going to be doing marketing and tech support for these guys. the owner is an awesome guy. the head machinist is the same way it was hard to get away from there friday. very capable i saw pieces for fiats/opels/planes/7000 rpm offshore speedboat pistons, i mean they make any piston, for any rod, in any block, period.... i know our cranks are pretty strong, the rods and pistons could stand a little strength and the rotating assembly as a whole could always be lighter. anyone interested in this can contact brc directly. the website is set up fairly well i will be doing a little freshening with that side also. any suggestions or opinions on BRC products, prefferably first hand, is welcomed and will be appreciated. :)

another cool thing is kenny voss's race shop is right across the street. he campaigns (or did last year) fiberglass body, tube frame 700 cube fuelie SUPERCOUPE BABY. 6.80s in the 1/4 you can find a little info on kenny here
http://www.vossracingengines.com/
kenny and scott built a 440 for my dad 4 years ago and its still screaming

anyhow this is a feeler. maybe something to help expand the still underdeveloped aftermarket that our cars need. also the competition could help bring the parts prices for our cars out of the stratosphere:p

The forged 351 rods from Eagle seem nice, with a reasonable price. But it would be nice to have a cheaper option for forged pistons than the Diamond pistons currently available (I know, I ask for a lot). And new forged cranks would take the cake. If I could get a complete rotating assembly for less than the price of Eagles, Diamonds, and a remachined stock crank, I'd be interested.

I would say a complete SC stroker kit from soup to nuts..crank rods pistons. Of course just another piston option is always nice!

i figgerd id post up and say we are in design stages with a set of forged pistons.
what is diamond charging for theirs? im thinking these will be around 500 a set and 410 a set if i can get 14 people to buy the same set. 2816 forged, really badass pistons

Weisco pistons w/pins around $400 from the group buy with XR7 Dave.
What type of considerations for street use is going into these pistons? 2618 or 2816 forging? 2618 is more typical for all out race motors, thus the question.

It is good to see stuff like this moving forward.

yep, we can supply ferrea pins and total seal coated rings, gapless or no (i dont recommend them) i actually found a set of SC pistons on the shelf today. apparently someone ordered them and never paid. i WILL be abuse testing them in my motor, as ive decided to keep the SC. so im gonna slap these in after a little touch up hone. i will take pics of these before i install
we can supply standard, radius wall, or tapered wall pins for use with 351 w rods or SC stock rods. i can get a 650 dollar set of pistons to you guys if you can get 14 people together for around 450 a set not including pins or rings
radius wall pins are about $128 a set these are 1000 horse pins rings i will have to check

Back