bolt pattern/wheel question

operation rob

with my newly purchased SC, some 17x8 rims were included. i did some research and i found out they are 1996 mustang cobra rims. they acutally have ford kinda written on them, so i'm guessing they're not aftermarket, even though the inside is painted a gunmetal color. heres a picture of them
DSCN2157.jpg

heres a picture of the OEM rims
cpbALY03173U1026.JPG
and the website http://www.buycarwheels.com/12FOW04/CarWheels/Mustang/

the wheels have been ran on the car, which i know for a fact because the tires are bald.
DSCN2156.jpg

but the part that confuses me, is that right now there is 15" thunderbird LX wheels on the car. so my guess is that the hub wasnt changed to fit the wheel. should i just run the 17s as they are? and since the bolt pattern is different for the two cars, would the wheels even go on since mustangs bolt pattern is 4.50 and the tbird is 4.25? thanks
rob.

Are you sure the Cobra wheels were run on YOUR car? Your intuition serves you right. The 15" LX rims and the Cobra rims can't be run on the same car unless there was a hub swap performed in between.

Kevin Varnes said:
Are you sure the Cobra wheels were run on YOUR car? Your intuition serves you right. The 15" LX rims and the Cobra rims can't be run on the same car unless there was a hub swap performed in between.
i'm pretty sure that they were run on my car. i asked the guy how the tread was and he said he burnt them down to nothing basically, and then got the 15"s from his mechanic's son's wrecked tbird.

This is going to make me sound like a smart a$$ but you should try putting one of the Cobra wheels on you SC and see what happens.

Shane

quick35th said:
This is going to make me sound like a smart a$$ but you should try putting one of the Cobra wheels on you SC and see what happens.

Shane
not a smart ~~~ at all. i already did it, and it fit. but heres the problem, they were just kind of ground out so now it's not a circle, but an oval. so i am going to try to redrill the hole, and then put some inserts in so i can run them.

Back