Painted my brother's 85 GT.

Darkside

We painted my brother's 85 GT last night and this morning. We started at about 5:00 P.M. Sunday night and I sprayed the final coat at about 1:00 Monday morning. Got home at about 3:30. It came out really nice. I sprayed it with Imron, Oxford White. Here are some pics. Even my niece got in on the masking.:D She was out of there when I started spraying though.

Attachments

• Picture 892.jpg
    Picture 892.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 894.jpg
    Picture 894.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 896.jpg
    Picture 896.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 895.jpg
    Picture 895.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 897.jpg
    Picture 897.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 63
Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• Picture 898.jpg
    Picture 898.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 899.jpg
    Picture 899.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 900.jpg
    Picture 900.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 901.jpg
    Picture 901.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 902.jpg
    Picture 902.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 77
Here are some pics I took at about 11:00 today.

Attachments

• Picture 903.jpg
    Picture 903.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 904.jpg
    Picture 904.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 905.jpg
    Picture 905.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture 906.jpg
    Picture 906.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 95
Looks good. I always have like the 4 eyed foxes. T-tops is pretty rare. I also see he's got the new E/T Street Radials!!! Sweet car.

I'm going to do my SC the same way, bumpers left on the car, just going to pull the lights front and rear, tape off the window trim, and cover the glass. The rest is gonna get shot and I'm painting the whole car at the same time, not going to do half one day and half later, I want it all to match and don't need any variables to affect the way the color turns out.

I did my girlfriends cavalier a few weeks ago. Got done at 3:00 am. Untaped it and find out the paint guy mixed the paint to bright, so now I have to sand it back down and re-shoot it next week.

Scott Long said:
Just out of curiosity, why'd you guys paint the bumper trim body color but leave it black on the sides?
He's going to paint it black as soon as the paint is dry enough and he gets more motivation.:D

Since you kept the black side moldings I'd suggest, from an asthetic standpoint, to repaint them flat black.

Scott Long said:
What's under the hood?
My Bro could tell you more, but the basics are:
306 bullit D.S.S.
Trick Flow Heads
I forgot what kind of intake.

attachment.php

Click for pic.

He's keeping it ol' school and going to put a roots type blower on it. He had a 150 shot of Nitrous on it but sold that setup. Too much trouble filling bottles. He will soon be addicted to the whine like the rest of us.

Last edited:
The launch didn't look that bad but the burnout was interesting it was plowing the front tires. Was that on the Mickey Thompson radials?

Nice paint booth guys!:D That Oxford white will make your car faster. It worked for my Cougar!:p J/K It looks nice. Can't wait to see it in person. Are you guys going to the track soon? BTW Chris, there's a Non ABS swap donor car at the junkyard with your name on it. Easy access to the parts you need too. Let me know if you want to meet over there. I have a second job on my days off now and the office is practically right across the street.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
Back