255/45/17

shawpdx1

ok put theses on my car it is lowered 1.5 for some reason I have an aluminum (dosent look factory) extension hub that brings the tire just to the lip of my wheel well wonder if i need that or not for clearance for calipers form what I see it would clear ...tires dont rub unless I hit a big bump anyone run into this? fronts are fine

well im running MOMMOs now but when I bought the car it just had stock SC rims.......my friends car dosent have them so was wondering if I lost the spacers it would work

Still Depends

It still depends on the back space of the Momo's you are running. When I bought my 17X9's they rubbed a little when I went in reverse on the inner part of the wheel against the spindle. Check this distance very closely. I would suggest at least a 1/4" of space for good clearance or some hard cornering and loose suspension parts may cause it to rub. After I placed a small 3/16" spacer I never had a wheel rub issue again.

Your Stock SC wheels should never need a spacer unless the previous owner wanted them to stick out a little more giving the SC a wider wheel stance. But it sounds like this was more for personal reasons than an actual need to do so.

Hope this helps.

Smitty

Questions

How thick is the spacer? Are the lugs on the spacer 5 x 4.5" or 5 x 4.25"? Do you want to sell the spacers?

68COUGAR

Back