SERIOUS help needed!! Slave Cylinder

frobro390

I have read many posts on clutch bleeding and at this point I need a little assistance with my particular situation. This is my first post, but i've taken time to try many of the other methods mentioned in this forum.

First I was having trouble with the car going into second and third gear. The problem started with second gear, at first it would grind while power shifting, later it began grinding every time I tried to put it into second. After about a month of skipping second gear, third gear started to exhibit the same behavior. So I ended up replacing the clutch, hoping this had something to do with the problem.

After replacing the clutch I got everything back together, and I still had the same problem. At that point I began reffering to this forum and discovered that syncros were a possible issue, so I purchased a used transmission. Once I got that in for some reason I believed the slave cyllinder was in good enough shape to use again. Once I got the whole thing back together I was about begin bleeding when the bleeder valve broke, so down came the transmission again to replace the slave cylinder this time.

Well after bleeding the heck out of the hydrolic system I am still having a problem with clutch disengagement. At this point the slave cylinder seems to be fully extending, but the driveshaft is spinning.

I was not having this problem before, but this is a used tranny that is going into the car. So I need to know anything that could possible be a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Hummm - did you look at the condition of the end of the transmission shaft & did you replace the pilot bearing in the center of the flywheel. Sounds like the shaft is sticking to the bearing and, hence continues to rotate with the flywheel. I had this happen some years ago and the bearing actually ceased onto the shaft. Just a thought?

Did you have your flywheel cut or use a differnt one? Some times the slave cylinder needs to be shimmed if the flywheel has been cut beyond its specs.
Before you drop everything again try to bleed the slave one more time first.

Back