supercharger oil ??

thundrburd

I am in the process of putting a new motor in my supercoupe, but I need to know if anyone knows how much oil the supercharger takes? the mechanic putting the motor in said that it took 5w30 engine oil but I dont know if he is right, I know they sell oil for superchargers on supercoupe performance, but I need to know how much of it I need, any help would be greatly appreciated

Tony

If your mechanic thinks the supercharger takes 5W30 motor oil, then I would find another mechanic. Don't let him put that in the supercharger. The supercharger should hold about 6-7ounces of synthetic nye oil. You can just go to a Pontiac dealer parts department and get the supercharger oil for the Grand Prix. It should come in a 4 oz. bottle. Some people have used aviation turbine oil with good success.

Good luck

Bryan

DO NOT PUT 5w30 oil in your charger, even if it is 100% synthetic. I went that route one time under someones addvice. It didn't hurt my charger, but it would have if I hadn't had intervention. What I use now is turbine oil for military applications (can't tell you where I got it, I'd have to kill ya!!, TS stuff, you know what I'm talkin' bout.). It is made by Royal Purple though. If you need to get oil, and you don't have a hook up like I did, then the GM stuff is the same as the FMCO stuff. It all came from Eaton. GM oil is about 1/2 the price of FMCO oil.

i completely drains my Super charger fluid out since i had the SC off the car. turned it upside down to drain it all out. when i filled it up i think it took about 7 ounces

Another option..

This is widely debated here on sccoa. Some use the GM SC oil, some use the turbine oil...etc. I use lucas pure synthetic with the black label with no problems and I drive my '89 TBSC like I stole it everywhere I go. Good luck! Oh yeah, and FIND A NEW MECHANIC! That one you've got's gonna kill your car!

J

Back