Never had a problem with pre-employment drug testing until today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Long

I don't use drugs. I rarely drink acohol and I don't smoke cigarrettes. So I am not worried about not passing. I have taken many urine tests for jobs before and always pass. This employer wanted a hair sample. I figured no big deal they will pluck some hairs and send them in. WRONG.

They shaved my head. I just had my hair cut last week and it looked good. Make that GREAT. I like to look good. Now I look like I had a labotomy or something. I'm irately po'd right now. Look what they did to me!!!!

I'm so mad I want to go burn this place down.

I have 2 options, leave it and look stupid. Or shave my whole head and look stupid. Either way I look stupid. I think I'll leave it be.

I offered to let them take a bit of hair from my arm or leg cuz it wouldn't be obvious but they said if you have hair on your head they have to take that hair.

I'm going to email the coporate HR person for this company I got hired for and give them a piece of my mind. This is rediculous.

Attachments

• drug test 004.jpg
    drug test 004.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 158
Well, it must be a good job. Companies that do that kind of testing generally pay well and dont mind their associates looking stupid for awhile. Some how they dont mind your pride being bruised.

Take a black pen and draw some sort of tribal tattoo on your neck, by the time it wears off you will have hair back. At least this way people wont wonder why you have a bald neck........lol

and give them a piece of my mind.

Looks like that was what they were aiming for. The person that shaved that must have been laughing their azz off when you left. That is definitely comical.

Anthony

Next time if I ever have to do a hair sample test, I'll bring in my set of clippers with an attachment. Then if they use that I can get back home and have the old lady blend it in. Not much of a way to blend this other than just shave it bald, but I think it will make me look stupid. I am not mean looking like a harley biker. My dad is bald so he shaves his whole head but his head is tan so it matches, plus he has a goatee and looks kinda mean like a biker. I don't think I'd scare anyone if I was bald. I just don't have that look to me. Maybe when I'm older but I'm only 23 years old.

They told me that hair testing goes back farther than a urine sample. I think it should be at the HR guys discretion as to whether you need testing. I mean they feel you out during the interview and ask about drug use and your views on that stuff so they could decide who needs testing and who doesn't. Besides what I do in my free time is my free time. If I want to come home from work and slam an 18 pack everynight, and show up on time for work the next day, is it any of their business as long as I'm on time and do my job correctly? I now see why some people get so worked up over drug testing. It never bothered me because I had nothing to hide, but now I am hating the whole idea.

Doesn't cover it Shane. Tried that.

Right now I'm wearing an Abercrombie & Fitch hooded sweat shirt but its pretty warm out today and I look like the unibomber when I put on sunglasses. I guess I just won't go out in public for a while.

Guy's like me don't get bad hair cuts. :D

I find that if keep the hood bunched up around my neck you can't tell. So I'll be wearing a bunch of hoodies for the next week or so. Still it will take a while to grow out but in another week or two I can get my hair cut again to make the transition less obvious.

Well my 3 year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and this better be fixed by then. I won't get any respect when I take Jen out to Chicago and go into a nice restaurant even if I'm wearing a suit and tie, if I look like I had a labotomy recently.

Last edited:
Scott Long said:
Either way I look stupid.

AMEN! :D

FWIW, I've had hair tests taken like that, but my hair is longer, so they usually just cut out 3 little clumps from different parts of my head. Of course I have less hair now, so I'm not sure what they would do if I had to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back