3" exhaust

I know of someone that has mandrel bent 3 inch exhaust . They did get rid of metal heat sheild however and the pipes were wrapped with stick on heat sheild on the gas tank

Around vs. Through

PReDiTR91 said:
If I use a 92-97 gas tank can I fit two 3" pipes around the gas tank?
PReDiTR91
The exhaust goes AROUND the early gas tanks. With the late model gas tank, the exhaust goes down the middle of the tank.

So why do you want to go AROUND a late model gas tank? :confused:

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
The exhaust goes AROUND the early gas tanks. With the late model gas tank, the exhaust goes down the middle of the tank.

So why do you want to go AROUND a late model gas tank? :confused:

68COUGAR
Honestly I havent seen the 92-96 gas tank, I was just told you get more room with it! Thanx for bringing that up :) In that case will the 3" pipes go through the gas tank? And the 2.5" pipes fit around the 91 gas tank, right? Can some one show me a pic of the 92-96 gas tank, thanx!
:D PReDiTR91:D

It doesntgo through the tank itself. There is an indent for the pipe in the middle of the tank . Less bends to worry about but bends need be none the less

It doesnt go through the tank itself. There is an indent for the pipe in the middle of the tank . Less bends to worry about but bends need be none the less

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
It doesnt go through the tank itself. There is an indent for the pipe in the middle of the tank . Less bends to worry about but bends need be none the less
I didnt mean inside through the tank but through the middle,:) but thanx for the info!:D PReDiTR91:D

Little Dawg vs. BIG DAWG

PReDiTR91 said:
In that case will the 3" pipes go through the gas tank? And the 2.5" pipes fit around the 91 gas tank, right? :D PReDiTR91:D
You can get 3" around the early gas tank. SCP may still still the Little Dawg (3") exhaust for the early tank. If you want 3.5" pipes, you have to go with the SCP Big Dawg & the late model tank.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR.... re-read his original question. He wanted to know if TWO 3" pipes would fit.
PReDiTR91 said:
If I use a 92-97 gas tank can I fit two 3" pipes around the gas tank?
PReDiTR91

Back