SC customer in Moscow - *pic

tbird88

Ordered some supercharger parts from me, I haven't got the whole story yet due to the language barrier but I'm workin' on gettin' info. Sent me a pic of his SC, sez he can't wait for the weather to change.

In his words..."I wait for summer and heat."

'bird

Attachments

• andrey37.jpg
    andrey37.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 294
tbird88 said:
...I haven't got the whole story yet due to the language barrier but I'm workin' on gettin' info. ...

For some reason that calls to mind the scene in "Hunt for Red October" when the Americans first go aboard the Red October and meet Sean Connery and the crewman sees the sidearm worn by Scott Glenn and makes a comment about "... a buckaroo". :) I guess that Russian just can't quite get the hang of speaking Texan. :p

Roads

I am currently in the Republic of Georgia (South of Russia and North of Turkey) and I can say that I would not want to have any of my cars here (well, maybe the Jeep). The roads here for the most part are very rough and the way people drive here is insane. Apparently when there are lines on the road (only in the cities) they are not followed and the horn is the way of the road. Just honk your horn at anything you don't like. If you get off the main roads, you deal with even worse conditions and then there is the mud, It's the rainy season here and it is like no goo I have ever seen before (and I lived in NC). I feel sorry for that guy too because you don't see many american cars here and I have never seen a Thunderbird. Parts would be a bugger to come by. As far as the weather goes, he will probably have it out soon.

Jester

1971 Chevelle Malibu
1973 Dodge Charger
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC
1993 Honda Del Sol
2002 Honda VTX
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo
68 tons of penned up frustration and sex appeal!!

Re: License Plates

seawalkersee said:
The funny thing is that the licens plate wont fit...Chris
In all of the European countries that I've been to (Denmark, Netherlands, E. Germany, France, Luxemborg, Switzerland, Austria, Italy), or lived in (Belgium, England, W. Germany), you could get license plates that fit american cars.

68COUGAR

I was backhome last spring and was shocked/suprised to see two SC's there:eek: I even asked one guy to pop up the hood. Gave him few ideas how to mod his car. He's like: "where do you live if I need your help to get some parts/install something?" He thought I was joking when I said that I live in Canada:D
Wayne, I know the guy from Moskow - Mr. Filatov))) he is a good guy.;)

Jester said:
I am currently in the Republic of Georgia (South of Russia and North of Turkey) and I can say that I would not want to have any of my cars here (well, maybe the Jeep). The roads here for the most part are very rough and the way people drive here is insane.
I have to second that. I got to spoiled in Canada where people drive more careful and follow the rules. Another thing is nobody uses safety belts:rolleyes: and cops don't care, they won't write you a ticket for that.
Insurance for the whole year is 97 dollars flat, regardless of car you drive.
If cop pulls you over for speeding/racing/or whatever you can simply give him 10-15 bucks and off you go)));) :rolleyes:

Chris, I live in Canada, what street racing are you talking about, eh?:D
I got caught doing 35 over the limit, plus got another ticket for maise polution:rolleyes:

There is an SC owner that I've been in contact with through emails, that lives in Poland. He has a very nice looking car too.:)

Chris, they guy has menstruation that day of some sort...Never mind, I ma taking both tickets to the coart anyhow.

Back