ED the treechopper...door question for ya

tbird88

Had a customer recently ask for a door to replace one he crunched on his '97 Sport. All the junkyards swore 89-95 wouldn't physically fit. Any truth to this?

I've seen the inside of a '96 door and structurally cain't see a single difference between it and a 94/95 door. Yeah, the trim is different blah blah blah but the dank sheetmetal should fit HUH?

'bird

ps: please note that I mentioned nuthin' of your merciless tactics at the tree...this time :p

Hey Wynn

I'm not sure what the difference might actually be. The parts catalogue does show specific 96 - 97 part numbers when I look up a complete door shell, or just the outer skin.

Maybe someone who has parted out a later car can tell us what the difference is ... Rod M. (racecougar) perhaps??

cheers
Ed N.

The doors are all physically the same. The only differences is that the 96/97 have holes on the doorskin for the body cladding. And the 89-93 doors have a smaller hole for the wire harness grommet. If you use the 94/95 door you will just need to make the holes for the body cladding, any door before that and you will need to enlarge the wire grommet hole as well.

- Dan

Yeah, I just couldn't accept the idea the 94/95 door wouldn't bolt on to the '97 car. Seen the holes in the door of the '96 for the cladding, was a bugger an a half gettin' the door latch assy back in and hooked up to all the linkage rods!
Gonna call the guy tomorrow to see if he found anything, if not then I'll push one of these 94/95's on him.

thanks!

'bird

Back