Alternator compatibility

cueball

Are alternators interchangeable across all model years of the SC? I have a 110A unit in my 95 SC and I'm trying to determine of a unit from any wrecked SC will do the job

It sounds from earlier threads like finding good reman units is often a problem.

Yes the alt's are able to be swapped between all SC's. Just make sure the alt you get has the pulley that came with it. The housings have slight changes in the pulley area depending on the year.

Before you go swapping Alternators, I believe there are 2 questions that need answering:-
1). The stock 94/95 SC Alternator, as you say is rated at 110a, whereas the normal T-bird is 130a?
2). Also on the '94/95 SC ,if you install an aftermarket alum pulley you need an additional spacer washer - this would indicate that the alignment on these Alternators is different from prior years.
Hopefully someone will have those answers.

n/a tbirds i think were rated at 60 amps, and our alternators are imports made by mitsubushi, a 110 amp alt.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
n/a tbirds i think were rated at 60 amps, and our alternators are imports made by mitsubushi, a 110 amp alt.

n/a 5.0 alts for tbird were either 60amp
or 75 amp.
thats peak.
idle was like 10 or 12 amps.
i gotta bracket for my lx and put a g3 200amp mustang alt in it.
I WISH TAHT 95 MUSTANG G3 FIT IN OUR SC'S!

paul:(

Back