5.0L installed, but need help Please! Fuel Pump & Clutch

jer_89SC

For any of you that have completed a 5.0L swap, or anyone else, I need some help.

I have installed a new 306 with GT40P heads, a Performer RPM intake and a 600 Holley carb.

My main problem is:
I have kept the stock fuel pump, and used a Holley fuel pressure regulator, with a return line, to regulate the pressure down to 6psi. How do I wire the fuel pump to run properly? Right now, it pumps up and cuts off after about 10seconds. I have wired a ground (temporarily) to the diagnostic port, which will make the pump run constantly, but it seems to make the carb flood, and it will not shut off if the engine stalls.

My second problem is with the clutch:
I have installed a new clutch & pressure plate, and F150 flywheel. However, the bleeder screw for the slave is seized and I don't want to snap it off. Does anyone know a way to free up the bleed screw, or to bleed the system without opening it??

Also, I have used the SC starter with the F150 flywheel and it is rubbing on the back (engine side) of the flywheel. Do I need the F150 starter? Will it fit?
Or can I shim the SC starter to work?

Any help would really, really be appreciated
Thanks!

As far as I know, you do need the f150 starter. As far as the bleeder screw goes, i really cant think of any othe way to bleed the slave cyl. I guess try the typical methods of getting a stuck bolt...drench it in penetrating oil (I recomend Aerokroil, puts PB blaster to d@mn shame!), heat it up with a torch or something. Sorry i cant give you any input on the fuel pump problem.

Good luck man!

Back