ok, need a cam for the SC. what are my options?

22lbsofboost

im getting a cam for the SC. i just cant leave it stock. the motor is out and on the floor, it looks awesome so i dont have to build it i just had the heads pulled and worked a little and did a lot of port work to all my tubes inlet etc. need some advice on the exhaust side i have a straight exhaust off my blue v8 car which ill have to get modified a little but is a true dual 2.5" system that doesnt wrap around the tank. ill need some good headers to match this up to. then the cam and im trying to get a set of pistons cut but i may need this car befroe we can get the new SC piston design through engineering. any suggestions would be helpful. im not trying to spin the hell out of the engine, i wjust want a lumpy idle and a little more power out of the cam

I suggest you contact Dave D hes got the know how on cams and helped me alot when i was designing my cam. I have a 582 in 586 ex with 224 by 226 duration and 114 lobe sep. I can take it too 6000+ RPMs with no prob and idles pretty nicely slight lope but not very noticable. If I might suggest you can use the 94 mustang factory headers which are 1 5/8s primarys going out 2.5 collectors and they went right in and made a noticable gain over my ported manifolds. I just couldn't justify the 550+shipping for uncoated kooks. I just got the headers for the junkyard they are stainless steel and cost me $20 for both headers, heck of a deal if you ask me

Victor at Spinning Wheels is another choice. He has great choice of grinds and will work with you to get you the right one

Ken

Back