Repairing a Cevinis Hood

TSC89

SCCoA Member
Anyone ever had to repair the corner of the Cervinis Hood where it meets the windshield? The corner got crunched,:mad: about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch along the side and along the back. No pieces to reattach. I was thinking building it back up with fiberglass and then refinishing. Any other idea's? Thanks, Jim

TSC89 said:
Anyone ever had to repair the corner of the Cervinis Hood where it meets the windshield? The corner got crunched,:mad: about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch along the side and along the back. No pieces to reattach. I was thinking building it back up with fiberglass and then refinishing. Any other idea's? Thanks, Jim

Yep I left my pins off and flip my hood straight up and broke both corners. I had to cut them, bend them back down and add some fiberglass to reinforce it. I have a painter at my shop so he did all the fiberglass work and repainted it for me. Dont have much advise on the actual fiberglas work but I know It looks great when it was all done

Ken

I did some work on a Cervinis hood a while back. Normally when I do fiberglass work I'll use Bond coat B fiberglass resin. I was told by Lonnie Doll a long time ago that the Cervinis uses a different type of Bond coat that takes longer to setup and cure - it is available at places that sell fiberglass supplies but I forgot which type it is. Not that junk you buy at the auto store, but Im sure you can get by with any type of fix as long as you get the pieces to bond together well. Good luck with it.

- Dan

I also have broke the corners on my Cervini hood from leaving the hoodpins out and having the hood slam into the windshied.

I haven't repaired it yet.

i too am part of the Dan Sly Club of Broken Windsheilds and Hood Corners

Not much you can do...you can try and break them off then re-fiberglass it. I just got some touchup paint and a little fiberglass resin and repared it, not fixed it. The corners arnt that noticeable if the paint is ok.

Back