Cruise/brake wiring diagram

shadow357x2

Ok, Ive got the typical horn and cruise dont work problem. I got curiouse today and decided to put the scanner to it and got the folloing codes (ivsc) 74 boo circuit
77 havent got the meaning yet and 49 brake circuit grounded.
What Im looking for is the wiring diagrams for these two circuits so I can trace them out this weekend or next (dependes on the honey doos) I do have the feeling that whatever I find will probably help others out here and I will share what I find.
Being that I have a scanner here I can code scan and go into superstar mode so that is a major help. I just dont have the schematics around anymore and hope that some here can share theirs.
These will probably be copyright material so it would probably be best to email them. If there not then just post them

TIA
S

Btw heres the email addy
huskey2@pbtcomm.net

Duhhh, its a 90 model

Last edited:
Ok for code 74.....if you did not press the brake pedal you will get this one. Code 49 (going by the 92 Ford PCED manual).......were there any 3 digit codes while running a KOEO test?

Horn and cruise don't work? Sounds like a fesu or a contact in the steering wheel. Have you had it off at any time?

Horn and cruise don't work? Sounds like a fesu or a contact in the steering wheel. Have you had it off at any time?
A: bought the car 2 yrs ago and already replaced the horn pad. good contacts.

For code 77...........did you press the gas pedal to WOT? If not then you will get this code as well
Yup did that. ran the test in superstar mode.

Ok for code 74.....if you did not press the brake pedal you will get this one. Code 49 (going by the 92 Ford PCED manual).......were there any 3 digit codes while running a KOEO test?

Yep pressed the brake pedal. followed the test procedure to a t , key on engine off, press cruise on, wait for code 10 then push off ,accel,coast,resume then the brake pedal to complete the sensor test.
As for the 3 digit codes there werer none, Im not sure if the 90 models will do a 3 digit code anyway due to the fact that they are pre obdII systems. I may be wrong though

S

Nope never took it off its been in place since Ive had it. Cant really see any evidence of it ever been taken off though.(no pecker marks on the nut) :)

Did that last week and still no go. Thought maybe the horns were shorted but they are fine took them out and tested also put a working set out of a donor car I have here and still no go on that.
I used to have the wiring diagrams but they mysteriously dissapered. I figured I could trace the wiring down with a multimeter and see what came up.
Just replaced the brake switch last week due to excessive pedal travel to activate the brake lights. Checked the contacts at the connector and all looks and ohms out well.. I was thinking that maybe the problem is in that circuit due to the boo code in the test. I am hoping to find either a bad ground somewhere along the line or a hot shorted to ground possibly, but there are not blown fuses so (maybe) that wont be a issue here..
Also noticed that every one of these that I have had the when the horn doesnt work neither does the cruise , so there has to be a junction in common somewhere along the line

S

Last edited:
Ok, as promised , I finally found the problem. I wasnt the switches or anything else as far as the acuator or the switches. The problem was down the steering column where the round bezel (the thingy that is right behind the steering wheel)harness plugs into the harness that goes under the dash. It ended up being a ground connection that went haywire in the connector. Anyway that got the cruise and the horn working again .

Thanks to you guys that sent me the wiring diagrams, they helped alot. J.d and birds4us

S

Back