PDA

View Full Version : Stainless site finally ready

Back n black bird
04-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, Jamie from carztuff.com here. Check out my site for pictures of the stainless products i offer for the Thunderbird. The site is almost complete, only thing left is to set-up the checkout so you will be able to buy direct from the site. Some of you may be familiar with the products i sell from the classifieds section. I have sold lots of these to Sccoa members, so they should be able to vouch for the quality of the items. Have a look around and let me know if i can help any of you out. I WILL be becoming a vendor for this site. I just want to set-up the check-out section first as this will be the easiest for you all to order from. If you do want to order now, send me an email inlcuding the year of your car and make so i can let you know if the parts will fit and total price as some of you might want custom lettering (wording) on the door sills. Thanks for checking it out and look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Jamie

www.carztuff.com

joenintiesc
04-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Cool! Nice work! :cool:

gotboostsc
04-26-2006, 12:38 PM
awesome job, will definately be purchasing some stuff in future.

90coug
04-26-2006, 12:53 PM
If you plan on doing any Cougar ones let me know, I'll take one.

-B

Sam Woodson
04-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Can I get a picture of the Hood slider from the Front of the car. This just replaces the Yellow part?

My Yellow part is missing, I have to reach in and pull the latch by hand, so if this replaces everything, it would be a good for me.

Thanks,

Back n black bird
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
yes cougar stuff is available...nobody has ordered any so i can't show you pictures how it would look on a cougar..yes the hood slider is a complete new one, it doesn't mount onto the stock one its a replacement. All of it is very simple install.

Sam Woodson
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Door sills, I'm not that big on "chrome" Could you make one finished in Black, with just the Letters/Logo showing through in chrome/stainless?

Back n black bird
04-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Hmm good question, i could paint them all black with just chrome lettering, problem is i don't know how long the paint would hold up. Shoot me an email and we can discuss it there..

PReDiTR91
05-24-2006, 03:11 AM
Nice work!!! Will you be making interior peices? brushed stainless maybe? PReDiTR91:cool:

Back n black bird
05-25-2006, 12:49 AM
I only work in sheet metal..and yes i have brushed stainless available too, for those of you not wanting the "bling" look. Soon you will beable to order directly from the site by simply clicking a button.

XR7inWI
05-25-2006, 02:52 AM
yes cougar stuff is available...nobody has ordered any so i can't show you pictures how it would look on a cougar..yes the hood slider is a complete new one, it doesn't mount onto the stock one its a replacement. All of it is very simple install.
Do you have any (or could you get some) pictures of the XR7 stuff without it installed? I would just like to see what the patterns and such look like.

And whatever happened with the door sill plates? I thought there was something said a while back that they varied in length from year to year for some odd reason????

Back n black bird
05-25-2006, 10:36 PM
i just make my sill plates the same size for any car..i haven't heard a complaint yet on some being shorter or longer etc. As for the Cougar stuff...yea i'm going to start making some of those and take a few pictures to show the styles and fonts etc. just in the process of moving and paint and flooring in the new house etc...

Ira R.
05-25-2006, 10:45 PM
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does the hood slider go on under the air guide?? Are these year specific??

Ira

seawalkersee
05-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Also...what is the possibility of stuff like cluster covers? Making an overlay for the black piece that surrounds the spedo and such? Are you mainly into sheeet metal or can we see some sort of door handles, AC knobs, and switch covers?

Chris

Tazer999
05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
As an owner of all of these products I will vouch for them and tell you that he is a very stand-up business man and the products are excellent quality

Jeff Bratton
05-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Jamie.... When you can, can you or someone that has purchased the brushed door sill plates... post up some pic's for me please?:)

BTW... have you gave it any thought to work with billet Alumium? I would like to see the sill plates made from it. ONE, it's thicker, TWO, in my opinion, I think it would hold up better, in other words.... hold it's luster for a longer time. THREE, drilling holes in the Sill plates in the factory locations, therefore, it would not have a chance to come off, since the current ones you have are held on by double sided tape. By no means, I'm I knocking your items, simply just asking if you have thought about Billet Aluimuim is all.

Also asking this because, There was thought from another indivdual about making the door sill plates, Rad. Caps w/bird logo, Fuel doors, and other things with Billet Alumium. Plans apparently failed, not really sure why. Just my .02 cents.

Thanks.

Jeff B.

Back n black bird
05-26-2006, 08:19 PM
thanks guys for all the interests. As for how the slider mounts, it goes above the the airguide EXACTLY like it is from the factory. Its not rocket science installing this stuff its that easy. As for gauge back plates and such...i would LOVE to get into that...if i only had a gauge cluster around here to copy ( i do not own a SC anymore) As for Billet Aluminum i can't get into as i don't have the tools to work with it. I guess i could if it is available in sheet metal form as in 22ga. Thats something i would have to look into. I'll get some pictures of bushed stainless work once i fab some up to give you guys a good idea of the finish you would have.

I love getting suggestions like these you guys post...not only does it make it challeneging for myself to design some of these but great for you guys if i make them available so i encourage suggestions.

As of right now i can't do machine work or CNC work. I make all my products with basic hand tools.

Tazer: glad you like the stuff.

Thanks again guys, Jamie

seawalkersee
05-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Is this a situation that would warrant me sending you a pair of them? I have one from a 97LX and one from a 93SC...Let me know.

Chris

Back n black bird
05-27-2006, 11:32 AM
No i don't think you would have to send me any..i can find them local i'm sure. Theres a local club, and they must have clusters sitting around in their garages..i'll let you know if they don't.

lurch256
08-17-2006, 03:10 PM
how about a more modern looking bird for the front of the hood. could you make somthing with a little bit more sexy look to it? My is getting all crappy, and honestly showing it['s 15 years of speed!

Merlon
08-25-2006, 07:13 PM
would ou be able to manufacture something alon gthe lines of a 3rd brake light insert, that illuminates when the brakes are applies, a thundebrird, or SC?

to give you a better idea, here are pics ive taken off of the fierostore.com site. cool idea, and i really want to get one for my supercoupe.

seawalkersee
08-26-2006, 09:38 AM
How screwed up is that...A FIERO has a cover, but we are begging someone to help us.

Chris

Merlon
08-26-2006, 12:45 PM
they have a parts store, usually the most reliable place to get my parts.

not many junked 86 gt fieros lying around here.

anyhow. are you saying you would buy one?
i know for sure i would

one with SC only and another with the Tbird logo. switch them out on different days, would be sweet

Back n black bird
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
hmm kinda neat idea..in my old SC i painted the third brake light cover black to block out almost all the light but masked off the letters "SC" so when the brakes were applied all you saw was SC. This might be an option for you? I can check with the company who supplys my stainless and see what they have to say.

Merlon
08-27-2006, 03:26 PM
hmm kinda neat idea..in my old SC i painted the third brake light cover black to block out almost all the light but masked off the letters "SC" so when the brakes were applied all you saw was SC. This might be an option for you? I can check with the company who supplys my stainless and see what they have to say.

i think i wouldnt be able to get the lettering correct, but i could try. now to find out how to take that bugger out.

Merlon
08-27-2006, 03:30 PM
something similar to what i imagined. hope hes still around

edit
still around, but not making these anymore looks like.

id still rather have em in stainless.

seawalkersee
08-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I would go for a pair of those.

Chris

Back n black bird
08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok guys i will see what i can do...i'l llet you know soon.

Merlon
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
appreciate the effort.:cool:

lurch256
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
and about my idea for a new "hood ornament"
Can you do anything about that?

Back n black bird
08-28-2006, 07:43 PM
hmm lurch i must have missed that post...i will think about it and see what i come up with. Are you meaning the "bird" logo just with more rounded edges etc? I personally really like the "bird" logo and don't see why someone would want to change it? its heritage.

seawalkersee
08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
The only improvement I can think of is to make the image the skelaton of the bird. I have seen only one of those before (just a sticker in some guys winder) but it looked kick @$$. I would be down for one of those too.

Chris

Back n black bird
08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
hmm i'm having a hard time imaging it. What do you mean by "skeleton"

seawalkersee
08-29-2006, 10:00 PM
It is a skull of the bird with a skeleton body, and bones (two or three) for each wing, and a few that hang down, looks kind of like a bat.

Chris

Back n black bird
08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
hmm if you could hook me up with a picture of it that would be awesome.

seawalkersee
08-30-2006, 10:46 PM
That will take some doin. I have NO clue where to find it but I will try.

Chris

Merlon
08-30-2006, 11:24 PM
That will take some doin. I have NO clue where to find it but I will try.

Chris

i think it might be a tony hawk emblem. ill look on google.

seawalkersee
08-31-2006, 11:42 PM
I found some...but Im telling you there was one just like the shape we have on our cars now.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=h9pgo7lisPBgvP2VLjegC7PEj_elarm8aMg=?Pro ductID=rjvAqArbTUMAAAD9X5_iOP1R#

http://www.blitzdistribution.com/index.php?company=birdhouse

You can see all that I have found on the second page. I can not find any of the stuff he used to have when he was with Powell all those years ago...

Chris

Merlon
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
anything new?