ZR intake!! (pics)

DCClark

Just recieved my intake yesterday from ZR motorsports. Put it on in 50 mins or so, its not a race I like to take my time! It was very straight forward, and simplisitc to put on. The only main problems were not scratching the tube, putting the cone in the fenderwell, and the tight fitting TB silicone (good thing, but make sure you dont forget the hoseclamps). Very simple, easy and great looking modification. To me the ass meeter says its getting more power, with 144k original miles on the motor it seems to be a difference. I have a hill here in Butler on 422 that I go up and I pull 5 psi climbing it (its a good incline), and now im pulling 3 to get up the same hill (yes same mph speed). That and the lovely blower whine is now audiable. In conjunction with the upgraded exhaust (2.25 -3 - 2.5) it seems that the straw was opened up to allow it to breathe. Take a look:

ZR Intake Directory

intakeright.JPG

Now the question is...

From here I can pick up a larger MAF from a boneyard car?? Can I also pick up a TB off of a vehicle in the boneyard? Is there a list anywhere as to TB's / MAF's off specific vehicles being swapable?
When doing this is there anything you have to buy? Sampling tubes or anything? Is that only for injectors? Yes I don't know, hence me asking! Thanks!

Bigger throttlebody from a junkyard is a no

As for a bigger maf, there isn't much point. You will probably spend about $45 on a late model 70mm MAF, so why not just spend $120 and get a 73mm or $140 and get a 76mm so if you do decide to mod your car even farther, you won't have to buy a MAF twice

Back