Help ME!! IC HELP!

X

xThunderbirdSCx

im going to be installing a FMIC soon, and its going to be custom. The FMIC is same side entry/exit.

my question is, if im going to cut the lower IC tube to splice in the new piping, where do you think i should cut it, closer to the top where the intake maifold is, or the bottom by the old stock IC?

And what should i cut this IC tubing with, a band saw or whatever?

any special precautions i should worry about when installing these?

I think you would probably be best to just completely replace the entire IC tube setup when going to a different IC. The stock ones are crap and quite restrictive. No sense going through all the time and money for a good FMIC setup and then leaving the stock tubes there.

Half of the reason to run a FMIC is to get rid of that lower IC tube.

A chop saw would be your best cutting tool for that.

so leave basically just enough for a coupler to attach to??

You can either do that or call up Magnum Powers and buy the adapter. I think they run for about $50. I'm sure a couple of people have them though.

Bill do you have the mods to warrent the upgrade to a front mount? Why dont you just have your buddy Dave build it for you.

Shane

i already bought the intercooler, piping and reducers to do the job, i was just wondering where to cut the lower IC tube. it may be hard trying to get a "universal tubing" set to bend the way the lower IC does, but ill try and make it work.

Shane, Dave said he would help me but i really dont want to gobble up his time, i may just have him come take a look at it and then tell me what to do.

lol...yea im glad too. I realized i wanted to keep it when i was driving down the road and i got 3 thumbs up from 3 construction workers, about 4 double takes from regular drivers and i got revved on by a bunch of rice, a couple mustangs and a vette. I beat them all but the vette and 1 mustang.

Within my circle of friends and all the people i go to school with my car is in the top 4 fastest.

i really wouldnt want to start from scratch now.

i already know what wrong with this car, what needs fixing, and how much it would cost.

plus SCs rule.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
i really wouldnt want to start from scratch now.

i already know what wrong with this car, what needs fixing, and how much it would cost.

plus SCs rule.

My thoughts exactly. I had my car up for sale. I got pissed off when I couldnt even get a decent offer after all the help from here and time I spent on it. It broke my patience more than once. But know I figured, its not going to beat me. I love the car, and this site. I will keep starting from scratch on my SC if need be.

You DO NOT want to run the IC tube where teh factory one is. Take a look at how MP and others have run thiers and follow thier lead. Running it in stock location will just heat up the air

Back