Step two....thousand

Gregthespy

After much work the engine and transmission was removed from the new SC at 1:15AM this Sunday morning:D Once i got the bug I wanted to work until I got everything out!
I did find out what caused the demise of the old engine, it seems as if the oil pump did not fail, but the oil filter wasin't even tight! I was removing some power steering lines and bumped the oil filter with my hand and when I did I saw a streak of dark oily fluid run down the side of it, when I went to feel how tight it was it practically fell off in my hand!:eek: Hmmm... oh well, good thing I'm not planning on using this motor!
I also found out this SC has a rust-proof undercoating package!!;) the whole frame has been rust proofed and looks damn good under there, just want to touch up a few places that are scratched off.
Overall, progress went smooth with the removal, didin't run into one rusted or stuck bolt on the whole engine and there was minimal bloodshed:)
Now to find a presure washer and start cleaning the grease from the engine bay and get it ready to paint the bay. and in the background I'll have to get the new engine buttoned up and ready to go, the new oil pump should be here monday.

Here's a few pics of her, the first is when I just brought her home and the second is midway through engine stripping, I didin't get any finally pics last night/this morning because I was tired!
Enjoy!

Attachments

• 2 SCs.jpg
    2 SCs.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 64
  • engine removal.jpg
    engine removal.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 85
Greg,
You’re moving right along.. What do you think, a couple of months to get her done? Are you going to paint the whole car or just the engine bay?

Hey Flip,
Just painting the engine bay for now, and then once all the mechanical stuff is done I'm going to take Dan up on his offer of help to paint the rest of the car (or at least take his advice on doing it), I'm thinking a nice metallic blue, but not like a Rick blue, probably brighter, we'll see, that's still down the road a bit.
The time frame is anyones guess as to when it will get done, there's a lot of little details I'm going to spend time on to make the whole engine bay as new as possible, taking time to do everything and do it right down to every piece.
I feel I have a good part of the parts I need already purchased and stockpiled so it shouldint be too bad.

Looks great Greg...If you want someone to do the body paint for you instead of painting her yourself I can recommend a really reasonable guy..he is opening a new shop close to me so I can keep an eye on her for you..;) ...he did my Titanium for $600..and is doing my TB one which he will also put on the new wing repair and fit my hood and wet sand the whole thing for $1000....he is a great guy and will do you right for me...can save you alot of work if your interested...your looking great so far..cant wait to see her running...see you next week.:cool:-~

Last edited:
Hey Rick,
That may be a good deal, I'll have to keep it in mind. I'm going to hash it out in my mind while everything else is in the works, since it will most likely be a little while before I need to start worring about that aspect of the project.

I'll obviously be bringing the titanium SC to the meet and it will probably have the 95's stocker rims on her since I am trying to keep the bad rear knuckle bushings on the 90 from chewing up my good Z rated tires, so I'm not expecting to turn any heads at this meet. But in my mind I could care less, it's just good to hang out with everyone and have a good time!
SC Ya there!

Back