two quick questions

lurch256

Ok, two quick and easy ones for you.

1) my oil pressure gague runs pretty high. i know it is supposed to but it is clear up on the "m" is that too high or about right?

2) when i drive it sounds like a seal is leaking, i am not sure if it is sunroof, or passanger door. is there a surefire way to find out and where can i get some seals?

thanks, i am sure these are easy for someone out there.
Jeremy

Oil pressure guage is only a switch. ON/OFF (pressure/ no pressure)

Most likely your sunroof seal Call:800.860.7866
and ask for Starlight 6 seal # S1590-E-5010C-A

so the pressure gauge isn't necessarly telling me what kind of pressure i am running then. it is only a suggestion of what it might be. gee that sure is helpful.

and i will call that number and check it out. who is it and what other kind of parts can i get from that number?

lurch256 said:
so the pressure gauge isn't necessarly telling me what kind of pressure i am running then. it is only a suggestion of what it might be. gee that sure is helpful.

Actually, more to the point.... The stock oil pressure guage doesn't tell you anything except that you either HAVE pressure or you DO NOT HAVE pressure. If I remember correctly, it only takes like 5 psi of oil pressure to trigger the guage. So that means if the needle comes up at all, you have 5 psi or more, and that is ALL it tells you.

You may even notice the needle is sometimes higher or lower than other times. This means nothing either. Just a fluctuation in the guage.

If you want a REAL oil pressure guage then you need to get one and install it, which is a pretty good idea. That and a coolant temp guage would be quite worthwhile as the coolant temp guage (like on most any car) is not the most accurate or the quickest to respond to changes.

One final thought.... the stock oil pressure guage CAN be modified to actually work as a normal guage (do a search you should find the info on it) but you still have no numbers on it and therefor still cannot be sure as to how much pressure you actually have.

Back