How big is your IC?

seawalkersee

So...for you guys who are running the AR kits, MPIIIs, and both kits with the squeeze, how big is your piping? I ask because the inlet to the lower is kind of small. If yo are running/overdriving your blower, you are going to restrict it at some point. I have been looking into making a FMIC.

The 7.3 runs a 2 3/4'' pipe. But it only runs at like 2400 rpm. Do we need to run 3"? Is 2.5 sufficient? Where does this get us when we are trying to make it better? Does anyone really care?

Chris

Magnum powers uses a 2 3/4" from the blower to the IC, and 2.5" IC to the intake. A larger pipe is just going to mean a little slower throttle response.

I'm using 3" piping for the inlet side and then 2.5" for the return size.

You really shouldn't use a 3" return pipe because the M90 doesn't have enough CFM capabilities to keep up with the volume.

setup

I'm using 3" inlet and 3" outlet on my air/water set up.

DSC00385.jpg

Can you go into a bit more detail on your watr to air setup? I would like to see if I could make something like that too.

As far as the MPIII not being able to keep up with the volume, I would have to say that is not true. I think it could keep up so long as the car does not exceed 6k rpms. Then I think the blower and cam will be the restrictions.

Chris

air/water

It's a spearco air/water intercooler, I believe part number 2-231 or 2-230. I used a Fluidyne 03-04 Mustang Cobra heat exchanger, 03-04 Ford Mustang Cobra intercooler pump, and a Canton 03-04 Cobra intercooler coolant tank. Some metal had to be removed from the header panel and radiator area to get the intercooler to fit.

I think that will actually be better then a FMIC since I still plan on keeping the AC. Thanks a lot. Is your best time the one listed in your sig after the MPIII install?

I have said it before, I am not a big cougar fan, but your car changes my mind every time I see it.

Chris

Have any of you ever put a pressure guage on either side of the IC or on the top to see if there is a restriction?

Chirs

Back