New car pics

ThunderDave

I bought an 89 SC over the weekend to replace my 91, which has a rod bearing knocking. The 89 needs a few parts and the 91 will be the donor. I will start working on it as time permits, but thought I'd go ahead and give it a little bath and post some pics.:cool: The red SC will be the parts donor.:(

Attachments

• DSC00694.JPG
    DSC00694.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00695.JPG
    DSC00695.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 105
RadiumSC said:
The red SC will be the parts donor.:(

Nice score.
I had the same thing happen to me/motor went.
That's how I came to have all the extra parts for my 89.
The 92 was no keeper though, she ran ok, but everything else needed work incl. tranny.
Started the HGs on my 89 this weekend, first SC we ever did. Its going quite well, were taking our time.... Hope she runs when we get done!:D
paul

Good luck on the swap out. Looks like you got your hands full from the pics you posted on the tech. forum. You still planning on doing the get together on May 6th? I think I may be able to make it. I might try to drive my Bird. She needs a make-over, but she runs good. If you need some help I'll try to get out to help.

Biggin'

R U KIDDING ME :confused:

keep the red one and fix it up using the white one as a donor. That red one looks MUCH cleaner than the white. Just swap the engines out.

Let's see, where to start.:rolleyes: Damon, I'm taking the transmission, exhaust, front seats, upper motor (intake, valvle covers, sc stuff, accessory brackets and accessories), front shocks and front sway bar and a few odds and ends.
The-big-e has said he wants the red one, so it may yet run again, depending on what he decides to do with it. I'm not parting out the car.

Biggin', we are still meeting on the 6th at 2pm at the Highbeams in Garner. We should have a good turn out. Hope you can make it.

Bill, the pics don't do either of the cars justice. The camera isn't taking good pics right now anyway. The white car is far nicer than the red one, trust me.;)

Last edited:
Having seen both cars, the white one is in excellent shape.....

Just needs a little TLC.....

I like the sunroof.....

So you changed your mind huh David and you baught the white SC :rolleyes: :D. It looks really nice (the white one) but it just needs a little lovin'. All it takes it time and you should have a really nice SC again.

Shane

yea...ill just have to take a look at it at the shootout.

btw...

...you need stickers.....

....at least 18 of them.

Back