can't idle

rabidranger

I have just got the supercharger working on my 89 sc. When I bought the car in Aug 05 the bearings in the supercharger where destroyed. I drove the car through the winter, belt removed, (Michigan) and had no problems. I recently took the supercharger off and replaced both bearings and the front seal. In the removal I damaged the EGR pipe so I plugged off the EGR valve. Reinstalled everything, but car will not idle. The car stalls out after dropping to 400 rpms. Car will drives fine will even idles fine when out of gear (manual 5-speed)as long as it is moving. But when the car is not moving it will not idle unless I give it some gas. Then I can hold it 1000 rpms. Is this just because the computer is re-learning how to drive? Is my failure to remember to plug the EGR on the exhaust side causing it(car is kind of loud right now)? Or should I be looking into something else.. One more thing the CEL is off

The car has 141k I know for a fact the the last 10k miles the supercharger was disconnected. I think I might have found my problem though. I have found an hose about 8 inches long and about 1/4 inch in dia with a 90 degree metal bend at the one end, looks like might connect with another hose. Unfortunatly both ends were disconnect so I am not sure where it goes I am guessing this is a vacuum line and might be the cause of my problem, hopefully I can find out where it goes.

Back