sc takes on svt stang

ironworker

comming home from work to day. i was going down the 101.. i was going about 80 maybe or so.. and this mustang pulles up next to me and punches it.. i was like f*** it . i punched it got right next to him and i down shifted to 4 and punched it .. i was going fast .. .. i slowed down and the guy in the stang rolled down his windo and yealled ur car is fast as hell .. then he gave me a thumes up ..

i love my sc

Last edited:
svt stang? if it would of been a legit COBRA, he would of burned u into the ground... well depends which cobra of course... but maybe it was a GT, which GT's are slow.... but nice kill....

ironworker said:
it looked like around an 96 to 97

it was a POS then.... no need to race them. just a waste a gas.... those stangs are slow.... they are over-rated...

what part of the san fernando valley are u in?

im right here smack in the middle of SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES, right off the 105,110 interchange....

ironworker said:
i was going over 120 .. the stang was still trying to pass me. i started to pull away and i dont know how fast i was going
I am speaking for myself and the SCCoSC (speak up if you disagree with me people) when I say we do not condone street racing or speeding and such topics should not be posted here. Please edit your post in teh next 24 hours or a moderator will for you.

Paul

blah blah blah.... we should just close down the whole forum then.... why doesnt streetfire close down the site? im pretty sure cops look at those videos...

darkstar_one said:
blah blah blah.... we should just close down the whole forum then.... why doesnt streetfire close down the site? im pretty sure cops look at those videos...
This is not street fire and what goes on in other sites is not of my concern. Our chapter supports taking it to the track and we often demonstrate this through attendance of racelegal.com events. You don't have to agree with it, but discussion of illegal activities including street racing will not be tolerated on this BBS..... period. I was very polite in my post and remain so. If you do not agree with these rules, there is at least one other SC site you can post on that is lenient of such.

Paul

dammit paul... im going to have to buy you a sarcasm detector... i didnt mean anything by it. yes you were very polite. and yes we can sometimes go overboard. but then thing here is that, the track sometimes sucks! but yes we should keep it legal all the time but ya know sometimes we cant. we'll try to keep it legit. latez

werd...had you been killed going that fast, I wouldn't have tipped the 40 oz for you....take it to the track!

BT Motorsports said:
I am speaking for myself and the SCCoSC (speak up if you disagree with me people) when I say we do not condone street racing or speeding and such topics should not be posted here. Please edit your post in teh next 24 hours or a moderator will for you.

Paul

Well, I think we can all think for ourselves, I don't like the idea of censoring (outlawing) ANY topic if it has to do with the SC, so he's a crazy driver let him talk about it, just pray he doesn't hurt himself or anyone else or give him ~~~~~ in his thread about doing it, but no censorship!

90coug said:
Well, I think we can all think for ourselves, I don't like the idea of censoring (outlawing) ANY topic if it has to do with the SC, so he's a crazy driver let him talk about it, just pray he doesn't hurt himself or anyone else or give him ~~~~~ in his thread about doing it, but no censorship!
Your opinion is noted, however, this is a SCCoSC chapter rule determined by the chapter members/participants. I don't know how it is in your area, but street racing is pretty bad here and heavily publicized and enforced against. I will not be a part of it or associated with it in any way and certainly would hate to have to break ties with the community as a result of such actions by others. Many others in our chapter feel the same way.

Paul

Just another old fart...

/soapbox on/
I'd like to echo what Paul has said. There are just too many little old ladies crossing the street/little kids trying to get thier kickball/wife's trying to get home from work/dads on their way to the bar....take your pick. In my old stomping ground of upstate NY street racing was one thing. Track events were few and far between and the traffic was non existent. If anyone was hurt or killed it was most likely the driver...tough luck. The So-Cal Megalopolis is a different story. If you want to drive fast, there is a sanctioned safe event nearly any weekend and within 90 miles of where ever you are. Wanna drag race? Take your pick of 5 active tracks. Wanna be a cone killer? Call the SCCA, they're always around. Open track events are a bit more rare but can be found about once per month. The price of admission to 10 events is still cheaper than what the CHP can do for one quick run into triple digits. The roads are for GETTING TO THE TRACK!
/soapbox off/

Having said all of that, I'm sure Ironworker was looking at the metric scale on the speedo and 120kph really isn't so bad...nice kill...
Anthony

i love street racing always have and always will.

but yeah this is not the place for it . none of these guys ever burn rubber of floor their sc's on a on ramp or have after market parts on their sc's because that would be illegal and some old lady could get killed if they have a raised top or a cam or a bigger or ported blower , we should obey all laws even the ones of anti tamper.

no speeding no race parts no wide tires no hi flow cats no tinted windows,
we should stay legal all the way not even talk of such things.

hile der fuehr!!!

manny, one day im going to head over to san bernandino and we are gonna do a canyon run, me versus you and we are gonna record it and post it here... kool? then we are gonna show off your mods, not mine, because i dont really have any but yeah.

Back