C-Clip on Throttle Body

Melon

SCCoA Member
There's a C-clip on the TB that goes with the throttle cable - I managed to drop it and I'm not exactly sure where it went. I can't see it under the car and didn't see it in the area where it could have falled - but it's so damn small, it'd be hard.

Is there anything else I can possibly use there if I can't find the clip?

Thanks
-Melon

You can go to local auto parts store or even local garage and ask for an "E" clip not "C". You should be all set.

Dan

Melon said:
There's a C-clip on the TB that goes with the throttle cable - I managed to drop it and I'm not exactly sure where it went. I can't see it under the car and didn't see it in the area where it could have falled - but it's so damn small, it'd be hard.

Is there anything else I can possibly use there if I can't find the clip?

Thanks
-Melon

Where did you get Andy? I am missing mine as well

Ken

Or buy one of those long EXTENDO magnet pens and poke around with a flashlight until you grab something. cost me 4 bucks and its been one of the best tools ive bought. ive dropped more nuts, wrenches, screws, bolts and washers down in the engine bay then you could imagine. I bet if i cleaned them all out i could shave 25 lbs off the weight of the car.

17800_3X.jpg
+
sl-sc-300.jpg
=
thumbs%20up.jpg

Thanks for the info Dan.

kenewagner said:
Where did you get Andy? I am missing mine as well

Ken

Haven't been - I'm going to check O'Rielly's tomorrow when I'm in Fremont - if they are cheap, I'll probably grab a couple since they are so damn small and somewhat easy to lose. Kinda wish I had known this before I got home from work - I was in Omaha returning the PS pump for the core charge and a meeting for work :rolleyes:

-Melon

I ended up with a small assortment package of different size clips. There was one in there that looks a tad bit bigger than the stock one - but it'll work. It holds the clip on and that's all I care about :D

Thanks
-Melon

Back