IC inlet/outlet flow direction

Dahoopd

I was looking at a bunch of differant IC's and was wondering if it matters what side is used for the inlet/outlet. Some of the pics of IC's have them upside down with the inlet/outlet on the bottom. I know that its a simple flip and the inlet/outlet would remain the same, but on some IC's they have the inlet/outlets are angled toward the direction the pipe will be running. They would havew to be turned and flipped.

I hope I am explaining this right. I guess the bottom line is, does it matter what side is inlet or outlet for flow? Thanks for the help.

If the inlets and outlet are at the same level then it won't matter. But if one id at the top and one is at the bottom then the one on top should be the inlet, since hot air rises anyway. I think that is correct.:rolleyes:

mlbuxbaum said:
If the inlets and outlet are at the same level then it won't matter. But if one id at the top and one is at the bottom then the one on top should be the inlet, since hot air rises anyway. I think that is correct.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer. I was just going to assume it was ok if I didnt get an aswer. There is no directional indication on the IC.

Back