problem with pass window

Merlon

I have had this problem, but never cared to fix until now. i never sat there and the cops never give you a ticket from the pass side, so who cares. but now i found you can push the window glass down, and nothing seems to push back. you can break inot my car easily, and it would be my fault i didnt fix the thing. so my question is, what exactly do i need to fix. how do i get to the motor, i can get the door panel off but then theres another metal part behind it, and the motor is attached to it. so what might i need to buy to fix this, and how can i ix this.

If you can push the window up and down more than likely it just came off the tracks. Take your side panel on the door off and take a look, you can half ~~~ it by using rtv silicone where the window meets the track. That’s how I did mine and it’s still working, not great but it’s still working :)

check the little plastic plugs in there too, while youre at it. Those are most likely trashed as well.

The search feature is your friend! :)

and if you unscrew the speaker, you can reach in and access the window motor i believe, not too hard at all to get it out if you need to do anything with it.

Inside the door after about half way you will see 3, 8mm bolts, those hold the window moter in, more than likely the white neoprene has worn out and you will need a rebuild kit, or there are several work arounds. I use fiberglass to fill the hole and let it dry then remount it, havent replaced one yet that Ive done this way. Also I have seen people use 3 nuts in place of the white neoprene pieces but I dont know how long that will work.
As for the window comming off track, just go to any auto parts store (advance) has it here and get what is called window silicone, its a special silicone that is made for this purpose and installing windows. It will hold up better than standard silicone. Just make sure that when and if you do this to make sure all your surfaces are clean.

S

I just had to do the drivers door window on my car. The lower section of the aft track was busted off and it caused the two plastic tabs to pull off of the window. I took the window out and reattached the tabs with 5 minute epoxy. Put the window and the lower aft track back in.
Works great.
Clark

cmon

i went out to see whats up, and my driver side window wond go up or down without a hassle. the motor wont even move it sounds like, itll go up a few inches stop, and i cant hear the motor moving, where as the pass side i can hear the motor moving and it goes up and down too at a similar slow ~~~ rate, well not rate drops a few inches and then stops, then maybe a minute goes by and another inch. worst day with this car so faar, so i guess im lucky? hate this car too much not to keep it, and make it drivable and lovable

just yesturday i was thinking of tinting and adding subs to the car. and new stainless sills, with some stainless letters for the bumper. damn it. i was like well i could either get this stuff or wait see if my bird need anything. i paid to have a new window installed with a new motor on my drivers side, so ~~~? damn

I got tired of epoxying the nylon clips back on my windows.

Here is how to fix it for a long time:

Check your inner and outer beltline moldings (bottom of window) to see if they still have the felt material on the side where they touch the window, or if the have worn down to the rubber. Rubber on glass creates a lot of friction, especially if your windows are tinted. If they are worn to the rubber, get some from a newer bird in a junkyard or from www.rockauto.com. Get a set of windows out of a 93 or newer Bird. Ford changed to a metal clip in 93.

Since I changed my moldings and windows, they have been maintenance free for 2 years. That's much better than fixing them every few months.

Back