1st Ever 2006 Saskatchewan Auto Show

SK_BlownThunder

We just had our first auto show here in Saskatchewan. Over 15000 people attended plus over 1200 exhibitors from what I have heard. I have posted some pics to check out. There were a few pretty sweet rides. I was exhibiting the Cougar Racing Formula SAE team from the University of Regina. I actually got asked to drive the Lotus Exige out of the facility and on to the trailer. Pretty sweet until I found out I did not fit in the car very well with the roof up. I was also damn nervous backing it onto the trailer right next to the Lambourghini Gallardo parked right behind me.

The closing afternoon of the show we took the FSAE race car from our display and had it out at the Queen City Motorsports Association auto cross track just out in front of the show building. One of our guys jumped in and had a successful run. Minutes later one of the QCMA guys jumped in and ended up crashing the car after an almost successful car. He ended up hitting a 5" cement curb at 30 mph when the throttle cable got stuck wide open. The spring was kicked on the the pedal return which made the throttle do what it did. The car ended up with minor injuries while the driver was rushed to hospital after nearly having his foot cut off from the broken frame hitting the curb. We took the nose cone off for this because we just had it signed by Boyd Codington an hour earlier. Glad we did too, otherwise that would be getting repaired now too. The driver came back from hospital with only nine toes, as it would have been too much trouble to try and sew up his little toe on his right foot. Oh well, now he really wants to help us to build our new car for next year, and still be the driver. I guess he has earned it!

Check out the pics, pretty neat stuff.

Attachments

• Cougar Racing FSAE Race Car.JPG
    Cougar Racing FSAE Race Car.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Cougar Racing and Trailblazers.JPG
    Cougar Racing and Trailblazers.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 45
  • 66 Nova (Before).JPG
    66 Nova (Before).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 66 Nova - Boyd Codington (After).JPG