Mod #1...Complete

SK_BlownThunder

Well I got my first modification done on my 1990 5-speed SC. After getting the transmission all back together and everything reinstalled, I finally got the exhaust done, or at least part of it. I pulled the cats out and installed custom 2.25" to 2.5" downtubes off the stock manifolds. I put them into a dual inlet 2.5" to single 3" outlet Magnaflow muffler. I just cut the old flange off the old resonator and welded it to the 3" Magnaflow, then reconnected it to the stock gas tank pipe, for now. It actually sounds really good even with the OEM exhaust still installed from the gas tank back. I might just keep it that way for a while as it really does sound good. I was surprised the Magnaflow did that good even for still having the stock mufflers on. 400 bucks CDN later, I think it will be a decent start. Sounds good both accelerating and cruising.

Only advice I would hav eis to get rid of teh stock resonator flange..You probably noticed but it is around 2 inch in diameter a major restriction. Othewise good luck and enjoy!

Back