New alum crank pully

kenewagner

Got my new alum crank pully. Wow what a nice piece of work. Installed it before dinner and am ready to fire the car up. Its dyno day Saturday and between the pullys, headers, menthol injection I am looking for a lot of extra ponies.

Ken

Attachments

• SC pictures 2.jpg
    SC pictures 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 127
Really nice! What kind of blower pulley is that? Also, im asuming the bracket in place of ur AC compressor has stuff related to your meth injection? I also like those covers you placed in the tensioners! Really nice my friend!

I've seen that engine bay in person and it's very nice :D Ken has put alot of work into his engine bay - it may not be the quickest SC, but it has to be one of the better engine bay's I've seen - hands down.

-Melon

Thanks all. The SC pully is a blue tongue pully the new crank pully is one of Spinning wheels stock Alum pullys. I wonder now if the failure of most of the stock balancers on our cars is due to the heavy steel crank pully, the diffrence in weight is amazing, just a thought. I have a 5% jack shaft pully and a new idler pully to wrap the belt more around the SC pully. I did replace the AC compressor with the pump for the menthol injection. Where I work we have lots of pure menthol so I have a never ending supply. I think the Snow injection kit is one of the most overlooked Mods out there. Everyone is looking at big intercoolers or ways to cool the hot compressed air from the supercharger. Everyone knows that overdriving the blower makes a lot of heat and here is such a simple way to cool it and increase the timing for better power but you dont hear a lot about anyone using it except some of the big dogs. I am planning on taking a full picture of the engine compartment in the next week. I am still missing some custom tensioner pullys be turned for me and a billeted lid for the Menthol tank. I hate to not have it complete. I hope with no slippage on the SC pully to make 15 lbs of boost. I pressure tested the whole intake system and found some leaks at the clamps on my IC hoses. I switched clamps to a better style and tested it to 18lbs of pressure with no leaks anywhere. I do like the bling factor but I want a wild ride as well.

Ken

David Neibert said:
Ken,

It looks great, and I agree 100% about the Snow Methanol injection system. I've got it on both my cars.

David

So whats the cost of Methanol, and where does one get it when you dont have your own endless supply.

David Neibert said:
Ken,

It looks great, and I agree 100% about the Snow Methanol injection system. I've got it on both my cars.

David

Do you have a guess as to how much HP just the Snow kit added to your cars or how much timing you were able to advance.

Ken

Dahoopd said:
So whats the cost of Methanol, and where does one get it when you dont have your own endless supply.

One gallon of -20 degree winsdheild wiper fluid, mixed with 3 bottles of Heet cost about $4.50 That's enough for a couple tanks of gas the way I drive the car. It only activates under boost and is progressive. Mine starts around 3 pounds of boost and flows at full pressure by 15 pounds.

David

kenewagner said:
Do you have a guess as to how much HP just the Snow kit added to your cars or how much timing you were able to advance.

Ken

Ken,

With an MPIII we dyno tuned my car with and without the methanol injection. I think were were able to run an additional 3-4 degrees of timing which resulted in about 20-25 rwhp.

David

David Neibert said:
Ken,

With an MPIII we dyno tuned my car with and without the methanol injection. I think were were able to run an additional 3-4 degrees of timing which resulted in about 20-25 rwhp.

David

Thats about what I expected to gain with it. Thanks

Ken

Back