Look at the BS comming my way...

I live 20 miles away from IRP and you can still hear the Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars during the U.S. Nationals.

People are really whiny whenever you bring loud cars around them. I had a neighbor of mine call the police on me at 4PM because I had my race car started. The cop asked me to start it for him and then asked me questions about the car. He loved it. He then went over to the guys house and told him, "thanks for callin me, that car's cool."

Well we only have a 1/8 mile, and even pro-mods are a rarity, top fuel came once last 4th of July, never heard tell of em comming other than that one special event. And the strip does have a "no open exhasut" rule after midnight when the "midnight madness" is running.

I'm sure she can hear it, but I find it very difficult to believe that it's loud enough to drown out her TV or keep her from sleeping. I know people in the subdivision across from there, and they never said anything about it keeping them up. I think this particular lady is just trying to be beotch for lack of a better term...

On your visit from the po-po, I would likely be pissed at that too, assuming its a race car of the open header variety:eek:

But I did have the law called on me once for running a power drill inside my car at 11:00 one night, I say power drill because it is the loudest possible thing I was doing; unless they had radar hearing and really hated the sound of a ratchet:eek: They just asked me to quit, but it was cool cuz I was already packing things up for the night. Never really knew who called them, both my next door neighbors said they never heard anything :confused: The cops that showed up were a coupe of rear ends also:rolleyes:

Anyways, here is where the strip and this lady is...

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...=CvQ3lO1pOw4=&2l=7ql34NJSisg=&2g=B4yghuqgmRc=

Last edited:
I hate this crap like you said the track was most likely there before she was and she didnt investagate before she bought the house. We have a bunch of high end homes on the island and they are complaining about the airplanes flying over their house and the airport has been there for 50 years and long before they built their 10 million dollar homes. And what really makes me mad we have a crazy lady that lives down the street and she clears the air pressure on the street by driving her car back and forth at all hours of the day and night, we were told she is doing nothing wrong and is perfectly legal even though you can hear her car at 4am and is worse then a barking dog.

Sorry for the rant :D

I think the neighbors can hear my compressor when I'm in the garage painting at 3 am.

They called the cops on me when I fired up the SC with the open downtubes. Only ran it for a minute or so, just to see what it sounded like. 10 minutes later Johnny Law was in my driveway.

damn, i guess there are people out there like HANK and PEGGY hill that are asleep in bed on a friday and saturday by 9:00PM. Hell, i live like 15 miles from LAX and when there is heavy wind coming from the ocean the airplanes take off towards the city which is towards us and they scream so loud. It feels like it is just over you. We dont bitch about it. We are used to it. The airport has been there way before we came along. Cant do anything about it. Hell even on landing when they are maybe about a less than a mile high they are still loud. We are just almost under the flight path. Ill take a picture and show it to you guys. Seriously.

My uncle and aunt who live in palmdale live like i dont know how many miles from the air-force-base and tht dragstrip over there and they can hear the jets and the dragsters really clear. They dont complain. They are used to it. You should of heard it when the space shuttle landed. It almost blew me off my seat. It was crazy. The dragsters sound so bad ~~~ from far away.

I really really hate to think that there are people out there who bitch about everything. I mean damn, have they ran out of things to do at home that they have to keep busy by bitching about a part of american history and culture?

This is why we no longer have any dragstrips in the NYC area....Developers buy land surrounding dragstrips for dirt cheap..People buy in....Property value goes up..New owners complain...

And they wonder why street racing is so popular in NYC

Back