Will these work (wheel adapters)

Scott Long

I want some 03 cobra wheels on my car however I drive it year round (daily driver) and I want to put my SC wheels with snow tires on it for the winter months so I was thinking of buying these adapters.

Also I want to buy a set of 15x3 and 15x8 Weld Pro-stars w/ ET Fronts and ET Streets. They only make them for mustangs. So these adapters should solve my problems right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...42614QQitemZ8059599945QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

scott , remember what my sc looked like when you lived here? i had those same adapters with the aero wheels.the wheels stuck out past the fenderwells on all four corners,looked like a sat. night short track late model.i got tired of it real quick and did the hub swap and put on the saleens, much happier now.i've still got the old pics in my members section.if i was you i'd do the hub swap and find some stock 16" mustang rims for the snow tires.

Those adapters will stick the wheels out 1.25" plus 03 Cobra wheels are not enough offset to start with. I would think they would stick out about 1.5" past the fenders.

Why not swap to the 4.5" bolt pattern and get some cheap V6 Mustang 16" wheels for winter tires. Should be able to pick it all up at a pick-u-part.

Also since the new 05 Mustangs use a 45mm offset there are going to be a lot of new wheel choices that will fit the T-Bird with a 5X4.5 pattern swap.

Back