Ford Racing 9mm Vs. Stock wires

Dirk SC

Stock wires = $42.81 CA
Ford Racing 9mm Blue = $92.00 CA http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FMS%2DM%2D12259%2DC462&N=4294908331+4294908282+4294924746+400070+4294840044+4294864973+115&autoview=sku

Besides being blue is there any advantage of using the ford racing wires? My car is at or fast approaching 300whp (no my member page is not up to date) and I use the stock ignition system with NGK Iridiums. Just want to make sure I do it right the first time. $60 is a lot of money for the colour blue if the wires wont make a difference.

I've got just over 300 rwhp and I run the stock grey wires. I don't know if the blue wires are any better or not.

I have a set of 9mm Ford Racing blue wires but you have to switch your boots and clips over. I broke the ones off my stock wires and said to hell with it.

If you want to try to make them work I'll sell them to you for $25.00 USD plus shipping. Let me check to make sure I still have them and if I do they are yours if you like.

Scott Long said:
I have a set of 9mm Ford Racing blue wires but you have to switch your boots and clips over. I broke the ones off my stock wires and said to hell with it.

If you want to try to make them work I'll sell them to you for $25.00 USD plus shipping. Let me check to make sure I still have them and if I do they are yours if you like.

Well unless someone can come up with a good reason to get the 9mm i think i am just going to save myself the hassle and buy the stockers. Thanks though.

Actually the ones for the mod motors will probably work fine but you'll have two spare wires left. The ones I had were for a 5.0L distributor setup. So you have to switch the boots and brass clips and recrimp them on the wires. Not hard to do, but the brass is brittle and when it bends it breaks.

Back