Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator ?'s

SCollord90

Can we use the same adj. fuel pressure regulators as the Mustangs? I am looking to get one for my 90 and the Mustang ones are more abundant and cheaper. If not what is a good one to get?

hey so do all mustang pressure regulators hook up to the vacuum right? I am checking some out for the 5.0's and i am confused about the aeromotive one...

oh also, what year 5.0's? cuz there are i believe either 86-93 5.0's and there are some for the 94-95 5.0's and the 4.6's

Last edited:
I just got a kirban, it hooks right in, not a problem, its hard to adjust it once the engine is together so I took all the wiper cowling off and used a dremel to make a slot under the top cowling to allow me to fit a socket on the adjustable bolt - But at least I didnt have to pull anything off. the dremel is my favorite tool.

Dave out of curiosity, whats your idle PSI set at? I set mine a bit above 40, Im hoping it will fix my hesitation and buck problem since I believe the old regulator was bad.

Thanks.

Billabong089 said:
Dave out of curiosity, whats your idle PSI set at? I set mine a bit above 40, Im hoping it will fix my hesitation and buck problem since I believe the old regulator was bad.

Thanks.

I normally set the base pressure to 40 psi with vacuum hose off. But when installing the 60# injectors with the AR we increased the base pressure to 43.5 psi. I would set it 40 psi unless your using large injectors (50# and larger) that need a little more pressure to function correctly at idle.

David

Back