Help with 35Anniversary SC!!!

Slydawg316

Okay I know this may sound really bad but I don't know much about cars and even less about SC's but my wife's grandparents bought a 35th Anniversary SC right off the showroom floor in 90 and it has been in the family ever since. My mother-in-law had it most recently but she didn't have the money or the know how to keep up with the maintenance. I know own the car and it needs some help. I would like to be able to learn how to do some of it myself but unfortunately as I have said I don't know much about cars. I am a quick learner and would love someone to give me a hand taking care of some of the "smaller more cost friendly" problems just to get me started. I will be driving the car to FL in June and then back so I want to make sure it is in as good of running order as possible. Here is a list of things that I have noticed that needs to be fixed....if you can and wouldn't mind giving me a hand please let me know....

Problems:
1. Odometer/Trip Odometer do not work
2. Firm Ride light flashes on and off all the time
3. The emergency brake and Anti lock brake light comes on just about every time I hit the brakes
4. If i use the fog lamps and the head lights the lights flicker on and off, so the foglamps can't be used.
5. Speaker on the drivers side door is shot!!!!
6. You can hear air leaking in around the moon roof but it doesn't leak(at least I haven't seen any leaking)

These are just the obvious problems that I have noticed. The car runs pretty good and is a lot of fun to drive. Granted with current gas prices it is a little pricey to drive it too much. If anyone would be interested in purchasing the 35th Anniversary SC make me an offer. I love the car and it has been in the family since it was bought but with everything the way it is I could really use a more economical car. But I'd love to keep the car because it is a lot of fun to drive and it is still a very nice looking car.

Thanks again to anyone that might be able to help me out.

Jeremy

For problem 1, some of the guys on here might have an extra speedometer laying around. Swapping it would be a lot easier (& cheaper) than trying to fix it. Same thing for the speaker. You could probably find a T-Bird at Pic & Pull & grab a speaker.
As for the air leaking around the moon roof, check to see if the gasket has a gap at the ends. They shrink up sometimes, & that might where you're hearing the air. If water leaks in, it runs down the front pillars through some little tubes.
Not sure on the brake thing. I'd try to get ahold of John Boardman when we all go to Jenro's next Saturday. He's a mechanic at Kimnach.
The fog lamp issue sounds like some kind if loose electrical connection. Those can be REAL "fun" to try to trace back.

if you drive you sc out to jenros on independence blvd in va beach on sat afternoon around 5 pm there's usually a few of us sc owners out there.it's a regular car meeting place with usually at least 75 or more cars of all types.one friend in our group almost always carries his scan tools with him so maybe he can run a scan and help you out.look foward to meeting you.

Thanks!!

Thanks for all the information. I will definitely try to make it out to Jenro's on Saturday. Once again thanks for all the advice. I have been trying to find people to help me figure out where to start with getting the car back to it's better days.

Look forward to meeting some of you next Saturday.

Welcome to Hampton Roads...........................

2003 Mustang Mach1
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6
1995 Mustang 3.8;
M90 Supercharger/10%OD pulley, 80mm Maf, 70mm TB, 42lb injectors, SC Heads, 255lph Walbro, Xcal2, 4R70W w/Jmod, 8.8 3.73 Tracloc, Tokico Stuts/Shocks, C springs.

I just wanted to double check and make sure everyone is going to be at Jenro's this Saturday evening? I am planning on making it out there with my SC as long as nothing comes up.

From what I can tell so far, I have narrowed one of my problems down to the front driver's side shock or actuator. I tried some of the quick fixes that I found on the internet but nothing seems to work so I think I will have to replace something just not sure as to what just yet.

Does anyone know about how much I can expect to pay to get all 3 belts replaced? They all look cracked and before I drive it 900 miles to Florida in June I'd like to get them replaced. If anyone knows of someplace that is relatively cheap or willing to work with me on getting it fixed and paid for.

I hope to meet some of you out there on Saturday. Do most of the SC owners hang out together or are you all spread out? Just trying to find out where and how to find you all out there. Have a great Friday everyone.

Jeremy

As for belts..............

Dayco Belts
Accessories........5080900 $31.48
Jackshaft.... .......5070425 $21.48
Supercharger......5080393 $23.97

Also you have to disconnect the lower radiator hose to replace one of the belts........:eek:

2003 Mustang Mach1
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6
1995 Mustang 3.8;
M90 Supercharger/10%OD pulley, 80mm Maf, 70mm TB, 42lb injectors, SC Heads, 255lph Walbro, Xcal2, 4R70W w/Jmod, 8.8 3.73 Tracloc, Tokico Stuts/Shocks, C springs.

my accessory belt was about $28 at advance,it was a goodyear gatorback.you don't need to get anyone to replace your belts just do it yourself.all you need is a 18mm socket and rachet or breaker bar.all the tension pulleys are spring loaded.as todd mentioned you need to remove one end of the bottom radiator hose to remove the longest belt.out at jenros one of us can show you what to do,it's pretty simple.you can put the two short ones on without removing the long one.bring the belts with you sat. and i'll bring my socket and ratchet and show you what to do.

we're the obsolete car misfits so we stick together.looking out from the shopping center we're located in the far left corner of parking lot behind the natoins bank.

Back