bulley bolt

jonnyblaze

my 89sc died on the freewaY THIS MORNING I HAD IT TOWED HOME WHEN I POP THE HOOD IFOUND OUT THAT THE BIG BOLT THAT HOLD THE PULLEY TO THE CRANKSHAFT WAS COMPLETLY SHEARED OFF MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS A EASY WAY TO GET THIS BOLT OUT AND ALSO SHOULD IGET A NEW PULLEY AND BALANCER FROM FORD THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE GUYS

You've got a couple of options here. First, the late model 3.8 Mustang dampener bolt will work in place of your old one. Or, scperformance used to sell an upgrade to that, but I'm not sure if they are still in business anymore. You can get a new replacement dampener from Ford or get a new steel dampener from BHJ. I've got two BHJ dampeners and the quality is excellent. The price seems high, but I've heard of more than one person going through multiple stock dampeners on their cars. Getting the bolt out may be a little more tricky. Some have had luck with EZ Outs. Others have not been so lucky. Hopefully your dampener did not break off on the crank snout as that only adds to the complications. On the upside I don't think I have ever heard of anyone NOT being able to get the broken bolt out. So it is possible, there are just varying degrees of how much blood and tears were spilled during the process :)

Back