psi meter question

92blackksc

I RECENTLY purchased a 92 sc and i noticed that the boost/vacum meter does not work. The needele is poiting staright up. what could happen becuase of thisand how could i fix it

Vacuum line

There is a small diameter vacuum line that connects from the back of the boost guage to the intake on the left side of the SC (right side if you are facing the engine). It is a hard plastic hose that actually has several rubber couplings. One coupling connects the short line coming off the back of the guage to the section that goes through the firewall. There is another coupling that connects the line from the intake to a multi-line block near the firewall. The hard-line tends to get brittle and break right at the coupler up by the firewall. If you can remove the piece of hose from the couple (it ain't easy to get it out) you can re-insert the hose with a little rubber cement and you should be good to go. You can also get the little rubber couplers at most autoparts stores on the rack where they have the vacuum lines, T-connectors, etc. You may even be able to get a replacement hard line.

Anyway, check the firewall connection first, it's easier to get to.

Back