motor miss and vibration

T-bird Tim

I posted that I had these problems two days ago. I just wanted to share the experience I had repairing the car in case anyone else has these issues. Due to the under hood temps and Fords excessive use of plastic connector parts on these cars they will fail without warning. My problem ended up being the right rear lock clip that keeps the harness fitted onto the fuel injector had broken. It came half way off and caused the terrible miss and lack of performance. Since it is part of the harness I had to rig a way to keep it on but it works great now. Maybe some others have this problem and can inspect these and find that it's a cheap easy fix.

im glad it was an easy fix......we don't get that lucky most of the time....

T-bird Tim said:
I posted that I had these problems two days ago. I just wanted to share the experience I had repairing the car in case anyone else has these issues. Due to the under hood temps and Fords excessive use of plastic connector parts on these cars they will fail without warning. My problem ended up being the right rear lock clip that keeps the harness fitted onto the fuel injector had broken. It came half way off and caused the terrible miss and lack of performance. Since it is part of the harness I had to rig a way to keep it on but it works great now. Maybe some others have this problem and can inspect these and find that it's a cheap easy fix.

T-bird Tim said:

same thing happens to me the miss then vibration, but only when hot. otherwise a nice caar. so im working on cooling it down a bit.

It only did it on mine when the temps were up to full operating. When it was cool, no problem. I'm glad it was an easy fix too, I never get that lucky! Things are looking up for me.

same problem

when car gets warmed up. so wheres this clip at?

i am there if its an easy fix.

Check out the wiring harness that goes to each individual injector and make sure that the harness is seated well down onto the injector.

Back