Aftermarket CD player install, only right side speakers working

gerber1125

Hi
I just installed a Pioneer aftermarket CD player. Got it all together and wired up correctly, installed the amp bypass plug in the trunk, and turned it on. Everything works as far as the cd plays and the radio is in tune, but only the passenger side speakers work to full volume, the driver's side has barely any sound coming from them, plus the SUB is not coming on either. I read on here that there are usually problems with aftermarket CD players and these premium sound systems.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas that I can try to get all 4 speakers to work, i really don't care much about the SUB. The stock radio stopped working years ago and I just put this thing in, so ANY noise is better than no noise, but id like to hear from all 4 corners.

Thanks, Justin

my suggestion would be to re-wire everything yourself. It is a pain, but it can be worth it. I just installed a set of Polk components in the doors and hooked them up to an alpine amp. i didnt use any factory wiring. it sounds sweeeeet. you can pickup some 14 or 16 ga speaker wire at wal-mart for pretty cheap. I bought mine at home depot, then saw it for less at w-mart :mad:

good luck with everything. For the sub, check teh remote wire. I had a prob. with amps turning on one time when i installed an HU in a jeep with a factory infinity system.
Hope everything works out for you.
if you have any questions drop me an e-mail or IM me and maybe i can help ya out.
-Nick

Did you use a wiring harness to mate with the Ford wiring, or run new connections?

I installed an Eclipse CD player years ago with a wiring harness using the stock wiring in the car and have no problems whatsoever.

are your

speakers getting power? check to see if you can hear a light hiss when the speakers on mute. then use your judgment check to see if you can adjust it from the headunit. and if not, then take the uni tout and see whats up.

sometimes going by color doesnt always cut it.

i did and the back left was the front right and the front left was the back left. colors are good but not always a match with wiring harnesses.

are they powered through the amp? if so check there.
maybe the speakers are disconected, or loose.

Back