Custom Intake & Plenum - *pics

tbird88

Just about done with this one, a lil spitshine on the last few welds and it'll be ready to go. Will fit all 89-95 SC's.

no2int8378.jpg

no2int8408.jpg

no2int8418.jpg

no2int8428.jpg

no2int8438.jpg

450 + shipping from zipcode 77701

No cores on this, I have too many as it is :)

thanks,

'bird

Bird,

Whats up with the e-mails. I know you are a busy man but I and a few others have sent emails with no reply.

Man I cant get it or I will have to move out!!! LOL Have you ever raised the top of the intake to go along with that upgrade?

Dahoopd said:
Bird,

Whats up with the e-mails. I know you are a busy man but I and a few others have sent emails with no reply.
Dang, don't know what I'm doin' wrong, I'll cruise through 'em and look for your email.

small rant from the for-the-heckuvit dept...
One thing comes to mind, I get calls from folks that say they emailed earlier in the day but couldn't wait til that evenin' so they call and talk. Next thing ya know, I look through emails and don't know who I talked to on the phone and who I haven't, get's confusin'.
This ain't directed at you (or anyone else for that matter), just a lil frustrated with myself and the system I have, gotta streamline sumthin' so it'll be easier day to day.

Thanks and again, I'll look for your email.

'bird

ScrapSC said:
Man I cant get it or I will have to move out!!! LOL Have you ever raised the top of the intake to go along with that upgrade?
I have one that has no roof on it, was gonna use it as a start for an AR setup until I sold the AR. If I put a roof on it now, an M90 won't fit unless ya raise it too.

'bird

steadfaststang said:
so how much power wise do you think this is worth?
There's been several threads on these intakes in the past on the Tech board, don't have any links handy.

thanks,

'bird

Nice!

Excellent mod Wynn! Wish I were in the market for one right now. What are you welding with? MIG? TIG? or what?

I welded (2) up just like it Wynn, one for my SC and one for Sam up here in Nebraska. I raised the top on his as well. I found on mine that there was little or no gain when I dynoed but I am informed by my tuner that when I get rid of the stock cam and put some good heads on it I will see a huge gain. As for your price that is in my opinion a fantastic deal cause I know how much work it takes to modify them

If my motor was still in pieces, I'd be all over that like stink on... poo :D That looks really nice Wynn.

-Melon

kenewagner said:
I welded (2) up just like it Wynn, one for my SC and one for Sam up here in Nebraska. I raised the top on his as well. I found on mine that there was little or no gain when I dynoed but I am informed by my tuner that when I get rid of the stock cam and put some good heads on it I will see a huge gain. As for your price that is in my opinion a fantastic deal cause I know how much work it takes to modify them
The first one I did lives in Canada now. :)

'bird

JMVaught said:
Excellent mod Wynn! Wish I were in the market for one right now. What are you welding with? MIG? TIG? or what?
Mostly TIG. I tack a few spots on the lower with MIG and TIG the rest, the upper is all TIG.

thanks,

'bird

tbird88 said:
The first one I did lives in Canada now. :)

'bird
And it worked out well but a couple things to watch out for,,,
1) with the plenum welded to the intake, there's not alot of room to get the fuel rail and the back drivers side injector in place. I can get mine in but a couple more millimeters and it would be a no go.
2) by increasing the plenum towards the backside, the fuel regulator get really tight to the plenum. The stock one clears fine but a larger aftermarket one like SCP sells hits the plenum and I needed to bent the fuel rail slightly.

Car2n said:
And it worked out well but a couple things to watch out for,,,
1) with the plenum welded to the intake, there's not alot of room to get the fuel rail and the back drivers side injector in place. I can get mine in but a couple more millimeters and it would be a no go.
2) by increasing the plenum towards the backside, the fuel regulator get really tight to the plenum. The stock one clears fine but a larger aftermarket one like SCP sells hits the plenum and I needed to bent the fuel rail slightly.
Checked out your webpage, I see you powdercoated it black instead of polishing. And, um, and your Stang looks great with those "suds-technicians"!

:D

'bird

Back